Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

The National - Day 2 01-Aug-2019

The National Sports Collectors Convention is back in Chicago in 2019, and I purchased a VIP pass for the event. Today was Day 2, and there were 5 VIP signers. I was able to get two cards signed by Cory Snyder, 2 cards signed with inscriptions from Ralph Garr, and 1 card signed by former Chicago Bears and Notre Dame star Chris Zorich. I traded away m autograph tickets for Daniel Carcillo and Kurt Becker; Carcillo I have gotten more than once before, and Becker does not have a single card!

Photos below of the autographs:

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2019: 286

Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Thats great that you met Tim. He is a great guy and a great cause.
    I think I will do the same on donating him my dupes
    Thanks for the idea Ethan

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

The National - Day 3 02-Aug-2019

Sorry, got home so late last night, did not have time for a recap.

The National Sports Collectors Convention is back in Chicago in 2019, and I purchased a VIP pass for the event. Yesterday was Day 3, and there were 5 VIP signers. I was able to get 1 card signed by 1965 NL ROY Jim Lefebvre, 1 card signed by 1970 AL Cy Young winner Jim Perry, 2 cards signed by former White Sox ace Jack McDowell, and a card and a puck signed by NHL Hall of Famer Marcel Dionne. I traded away Bill Wennington, as I have gotten him before.
    The Topps booth also advertised that they were bringing in Cincinnati Reds prospect Hunter Greene to sign autographs for 100 people. I was able to get a ticket, and Topps had him sign a special NSCC Bowman card.

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2019: 293

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

02-Aug-2019

After the day at the National, I went a couple blocks over to the Chicago Dogs game against the St. Paul Saints. Prior to the game, I got an autograph on a card from former St. Louis Cardinals catching prospect Jeremy Martinez, who currently plays for the Saints.

Photo below of the autographs:

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2019: 294

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

The National - Day 4 03-Aug-2019

The National Sports Collectors Convention is back in Chicago in 2019, and I purchased a VIP pass for the event. Today was Day 4, and there were 4 VIP signers. I was able to get 1 card signed by former AL ROY Gary Peters, 1 card signed by 1967 Heisman Trophy winner Gary Beban, 2 8x10's signed by former Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup winner Brent Sopel, 2 cards signed and 1 mini-helmet signed by Kansas City Chiefs legend Christian Okoye. You get one free inscription on each VIP item, and I wanted the mini-helmet inscribed with Nigerian Nightmare, but that was actually an additional 29 or 39 dollars. He would inscribe other things for free, just not that. So, I had him inscribe KC Chiefs Hall of Fame.

The Topps booth also advertised that they were bringing in Cincinnati Reds prospect Hunter Greene to sign autographs again for 100 people. I was able to get a ticket, and Topps had him sign a special NSCC Bowman card. They also had chef and baseball fan Graham Elliot in for a signing session, and they had him sign a special Allen & Ginter card that they made, and he also signed the 2015 Topps First Pitch card for me.

Photos below of the Greene and Eliot autographs:

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2019: 304

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

The National - Day 4 03-Aug-2019 (The Photos)

Photos of the Brent Sopel 8x10's and the Christian Okoye mini and cards

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

The National - Day 5 04-Aug-2019

The National Sports Collectors Convention is back in Chicago in 2019, and I purchased a VIP pass for the event. Today was the last day, Day 5, and there were 3 VIP signers. I was able to get 5 cards signed by former Cubs pitcher Rick Reuschel, 2 card signed by former AL ROY Bob Hamelin, and 5 cards signed by former Cubs fan favorite Dwight Smith.

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2019: 316

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

15-Aug-2019

Last night, I went to the Kane County Cougars vs. Peoria Chiefs game in Geneva, IL for Seinfeld night. They were giving away a J. Peterman bobblehead, and John O'Hurley was in attendance. Prior to the game, I was able to get three cards signed by St. Louis Cardinals infield prospect Delvin Perez. Then, as the game started, I was able to get the bobblehead signed and this cool J. Peterman Vinyl Action Figure signed. John O'Hurley was incredibly nice and accommodating to everyone, plus he sand the National Anthem, did play-by-play in the radio booth for an inning, and did something for the 7th inning (I left in the 6th).

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2019: 321

Photo of the John O'Hurley/J. Peterman auto on the action figure box:

Photo of the Delvin Perez autos:

Last edited by arfmax; 08-16-2019 at 06:28 PM.

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

18-Aug-2019

Today, I went to a festival in Bridgeview IL which had special guests Mark Grace, and actor Thomas Ian Nicholas (American Pie/Rookie of the Year). Mr. Grace would only sign one of the 5 provided photos, and wouldn't put any inscriptions, but Thomas Ian Nicholas signed everything. I got 1 8x10 signed by Grace and 2 8x10's from Rookie of the Year signed by Nicholas, for free.

Photo of the autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2019: 324

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

24-Aug-2019 (Part I of II)

2-fer today. First, went this morning to an appearance at an XFinity store in Berwyn, IL, with Chicago White Sox rising star Tim Anderson. Mr. Anderson signed two cards for me, for free.

Photo of the Tim Anderson autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2019: 326

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast