Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cam Newton Could Reportedly Sit Out Entire 2019 Season

http://dailysnark.com/report-carolin...e-2019-season/

ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting that star QB Cam Newton could sit out the entire 2019 season to rest his injured shoulder.

The 2015 NFL MVP is suffering from a lingering shoulder issue that he suffered in November in a game against the Steelers.

Panthers owner David Tepper compared Newton’s situation with that of Andrew Luck, who took two years to battle back from a shoulder injury himself.

“If you told me he took a year off and could recover and be fully recovered and everything else, and that’s what it took, an extra year, why wouldn’t you do [that]? Now we would have to do other things, right? We’d have to go out and get another quarterback. If you could find me some more cap space I’d appreciate that.”

Nick Foles, Teddy Bridgewater, Tyrod Taylor and Ryan Fitzpatrick are likely targets if the Panthers go to veteran route.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It wouldn't shock me at all if the Panthers sign Kaepernick if Cam is out for 2019 ... they signed Kap's buddy Eric Reid and seem like the team that would pull the trigger ... I think it would be a disaster and that Kap would be terrible and the team would fall apart, but it could happen.

As for the guys mentioned in the article ... Tyrod Taylor seems like the best bet to end up in Carolina to me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

As a Panthers fan I am sad to hear this but understand the reasoning.

If they get someone I hope they get Foles! He is great. But it’ll cost them a lot.
    Collecting Ryan Murphy. Always looking to add PC Cards. Show me what you have to trade or sell!

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Should be interesting to see how this plays out as there so many scenarios that could unfold. Wish Cam the best if he does indeed sit out a season.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I hope he sits and get a QB not Kap but any of the others would be good!
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Idle question, if you had to pick one of these two QBs to fill in for Newton, who ya got?

Josh Freeman
    Colin Kaepernick

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See baltravens52's Items on eBay

Kaepernick is not going to be playing in this league he is two years removed from the game and no one wants the drama. Flacco is also going to be out there.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins Miami Marlins Miami Heat
    Twitter: @Jmeza2154

It wouldn't shock me at all if the Panthers sign Kaepernick if Cam is out for 2019 ... they signed Kap's buddy Eric Reid and seem like the team that would pull the trigger ... I think it would be a disaster and that Kap would be terrible and the team would fall apart, but it could happen.

As for the guys mentioned in the article ... Tyrod Taylor seems like the best bet to end up in Carolina to me.

money has it they will go with someone focus on winning not on social media
    Last edited by Jmeza209Fins; 01-17-2019 at 09:19 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Weird thing was there was some rumblings that the Panthers could have traded Newton with a new ownership coming in but I guess if he's hurt they can't deal him....

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Idle question, if you had to pick one of these two QBs to fill in for Newton, who ya got?

Josh Freeman
    Colin Kaepernick

Yikes ... my answer would be "neither" ... I'd rather just let their current backup start ... Freeman couldn't make a CFL roster recently and Kap hasn't played in forever and doesn't even want to play imho ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast