Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Mutiny against carson wentz?

ARTICLE: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-carson-wentz/

It was reported today that no less than six Eagles players, and at least two sources close to the team, have basically thrown Carson Wentz under the bus and prefer Nick Foles remain the Eagles starter.

After the above report came out, some other Eagles players came out publicly to support Wentz, and to no one's surprise ESPN ran a defense of Wentz article at the very top of their home page ... if only they defended every NFL player in the same way ... things that make you go hmm ...

In all seriousness, having more than 10% of the players on a team be willing to go on the record to call our Wentz and push for Foles, along with "multiple sources close to the team", is pretty alarming.

Personally, I think the players who went on the record are goofy ... Wentz is infinitely more talented than Foles, 4 years younger, and on a way less expensive contract, at least for next year ... it makes no sense to me that these players are rocking the boat to such an extent.

Finally, when I read the above linked article, two things stand out to me ... firstly, one of the complaints is that Wentz throws to Zach Ertz too much, which makes me think this could be a "jealousy" issue, at least in part ... and secondly, that some of the complaints about Wentz are that he's "uncompromising", "egotistical" and that he needs to "practice what he preaches", which makes me wonder if Wentz's Christian faith and the fact that he is "preachy" and not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, rubs some non-Christian teammates the wrong way. Either way, I stand with Carson in this issue and love the young man and think the Eagles brass is being wise to ride with him!

What are your thoughts?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings Minnesota Twins

Eagles have to dump wentz. I am from the fargo area where he went to school. He is not a good QB, period. He looked good in college because he played in a for the best team in the fcs. Everything that he struggles with in the NFL, he struggled with in college. He doesn't sense pressure, he makes poor pass, and unless things are perfect, he struggles. This was in college too when he was hurt his senior year and the back came in and did exactly what foles did in the nfl. The backup led ndsu to the natiional championship. The love for wentz is insane to me.

ARTICLE: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-carson-wentz/

It was reported today that no less than six Eagles players, and at least two sources close to the team, have basically thrown Carson Wentz under the bus and prefer Nick Foles remain the Eagles starter.

After the above report came out, some other Eagles players came out publicly to support Wentz, and to no one's surprise ESPN ran a defense of Wentz article at the very top of their home page ... if only they defended every NFL player in the same way ... things that make you go hmm ...

In all seriousness, having more than 10% of the players on a team be willing to go on the record to call our Wentz and push for Foles, along with "multiple sources close to the team", is pretty alarming.

Personally, I think the players who went on the record are goofy ... Wentz is infinitely more talented than Foles, 4 years younger, and on a way less expensive contract, at least for next year ... it makes no sense to me that these players are rocking the boat to such an extent.

Finally, when I read the above linked article, two things stand out to me ... firstly, one of the complaints is that Wentz throws to Zach Ertz too much, which makes me think this could be a "jealousy" issue, at least in part ... and secondly, that some of the complaints about Wentz are that he's "uncompromising", "egotistical" and that he needs to "practice what he preaches", which makes me wonder if Wentz's Christian faith and the fact that he is "preachy" and not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, rubs some non-Christian teammates the wrong way. Either way, I stand with Carson in this issue and love the young man and think the Eagles brass is being wise to ride with him!

What are your thoughts?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Eagles have to dump wentz. I am from the fargo area where he went to school. He is not a good QB, period. He looked good in college because he played in a for the best team in the fcs. Everything that he struggles with in the NFL, he struggled with in college. He doesn't sense pressure, he makes poor pass, and unless things are perfect, he struggles. This was in college too when he was hurt his senior year and the back came in and did exactly what foles did in the nfl. The backup led ndsu to the natiional championship. The love for wentz is insane to me.

So, what do you with the fact that Wentz played at an MVP level as a 24 year old in 2017? Or the fact that he did that AND is 4 years younger as well as on a cheaper contract than Foles?

Listen, I like both Wentz and Foles and wish the best for both, and I know Wentz has some weaknesses but it's just so obvious that he's a far superior talent when compared to Foles and is younger and cheaper, so why would you advocate the Eagles moving Wentz and keeping Foles? I'm geuinely curious.
    Last edited by Jameis1of1; 01-22-2019 at 12:17 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So, what do you with the fact that Wentz played at an MVP level as a 24 year old in 2017? Or the fact that he did that AND is 4 years younger as well as on a cheaper contract than Foles?

Listen, I like both Wentz and Foles and wish the best for both, and I know Wentz has some weaknesses but it's just so obvious that he's a far superior talent when compared to Foles and is younger and cheaper, so why would you advocate the Eagles moving Wentz and keeping Foles? I'm geuinely curious.

Even before this report I would take Foles because he actually won, Wentz didn't. He has played what 10 good games since his rookie year for the NFL. At his best hes a average QB. Foles wins and showed to be just as good as wentz was in the same situation last year and was way better than wentz in the same situation this year. Wentz's top potential is being a average QB. Thats if he doesn't continue to get hurt, which is also another reason why I would dump him. He has a history of getting hurt, in college and in the pros. You could have peyton manning talent but if you can't stay on the field. I just view his top potenital to be Joe Flacco minus the super bowl season. He is going to demand to be paid like a top 5 QB when hes probably should be paid like the 20th best qb. Eagles would be better trading him and saving the money.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Seems like this is just the sports news media trying to make drama because they know the off season will be boring. Just trying to start something with the Eagles so they can have some QB trading drama. Just check out the baseball off season to see that sites like ESPN will stoop to all time lows to invent stories to just get clicks.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Even before this report I would take Foles because he actually won, Wentz didn't. He has played what 10 good games since his rookie year for the NFL. At his best hes a average QB. Foles wins and showed to be just as good as wentz was in the same situation last year and was way better than wentz in the same situation this year. Wentz's top potential is being a average QB. Thats if he doesn't continue to get hurt, which is also another reason why I would dump him. He has a history of getting hurt, in college and in the pros. You could have peyton manning talent but if you can't stay on the field. I just view his top potenital to be Joe Flacco minus the super bowl season. He is going to demand to be paid like a top 5 QB when hes probably should be paid like the 20th best qb. Eagles would be better trading him and saving the money.

Flacco and Foles have NEVER been in the MVP race late in a season ... Wentz already was at 24 years of age.

May I ask ... did Wentz knock an ice cream cone out of your hand or say "no" to your autograph request when you both were in Fargo, or something? I mean, you seem to really dislike the guy, and you saying his ceiling is Flacco when he's already had a better season than Flacco ever had ... something just seems strange.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Washington Wizards NULL NULL

Flacco and Foles have NEVER been in the MVP race late in a season ... Wentz already was at 24 years of age.

May I ask ... did Wentz knock an ice cream cone out of your hand or say "no" to your autograph request when you both were in Fargo, or something? I mean, you seem to really dislike the guy, and you saying his ceiling is Flacco when he's already had a better season than Flacco ever had ... something just seems strange.

I have no idea what Nick Foles faith is or his political views and that's the way I want it. Players need to keep that type of thing private if they want my support.

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Joseph Santoliquito says "more than a half dozen players, plus other sources close to the team". More than half a dozen, or 6 in regular human words, would be anywhere from 7 to 11 (since he didn't say a dozen players). Also since he didn't "nearly a dozen" or "almost a dozen", that means it's probably not 10 or 11 players either, since he would have noted double digits. So 7-9 players and I'm betting it's 7 since "half a dozen" sounds so much cooler and expansive. Who knows what other sources close to the team are. Could be the owner, could be the equipment manager, or the IT guy.

So who knows what these sources are. I think in terms of pure, individual QB talent, Wentz is the better QB. In terms of getting the most out of his teammates and able to elevate the play around him, Foles is the guy. Put Wentz and Foles on other teams, I think Wentz shows better most of the time. But for this Eagles team with this current roster construction, Foles is the better option.

SCF Rewards
    Country

No, I have watched him since college, I know how he plays. HE PLAYED 10 GOOD GAMES, and yes Flacco has been in disscussions if he was a elite qb. That was a very common debate for a few years. Wentz is going into his 4th season next year with nothing to show outside of 10 games where he performed well. Thats facts when compared to the rest of the nfl, hell look at his stats compared to Kurt Cousins before Wentz went out. He played way worse that Kurt was and Kurt played pretty poorly. Thats a pretty good comparison. And the fact that your going to throw insults at someone for disagreeing with you over if Wentz should kept over foles is kinda shocking.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I have no idea what Nick Foles faith is or his political views and that's the way I want it. Players need to keep that type of thing private if they want my support.

Both Foles and Wentz are said to be devout Christians and Foles has said he plans to be a youth pastor when he retires.

I couldn't agree with your statement less, as to me it's akin to a player saying, "I have no idea what color Joan P is and that's the way I want it. Joan P needs to keep her race to herself if she wants my support."

NFL players are people before they are professional athletes and if they are devout Christians, they are Christian above anything else ... they shouldn't have to "stay in the closet" with their faith.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast