Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country

just received an envelope from the states today

had 5 cards and a couple stickers in it.

postage was $ 1.15. no stamp but a USPS postage label

had a customs label on it too, came from indiana, mailed jan. 26th

Sure, because those envelopes go through the sorting machine... Have you ever seen what can happen to cards when they go though the sorting machine?...

Sending cards that way is highly unprofessional, besides it only works when you're sending 1 card or a few cards in a standard top loader...

I was actually at the post office dropping some packages off and talking to the guy that works there and they have this "measuring" thing they slip the package through to see if the package would make it through the sorting machine, mine did barely but I wasn't going to risk it.....

I use bubble mailers, and I don't like the idea of sending cards via standard envelope and writing "photos" on it... I would tho if I was just trading base cards or cards I have 100's of, cards I could replace with costing me little to nothing...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks

Yep, I'm in Illinois too and went to the post office a few days ago. Shipping used to be $3.50 in the states, it cost me between $3.66 and $3.94 to ship packages to other states, it cost me $22.64 to ship 6 packages.... And it's always $10.00+ to ship to Canada.

And the shipping to Canada is basically killing half of my potential customer base.

I usually urge Canadians that look at my auctions to try and win as many auctions as possible - not as a gimmick to sell cards - but because I can ship many cards to Canada for 10 bucks, so they get the most out of the ridiculous shipping costs.

Shipping is making buying, selling and trading not worth it in most circumstances...If you're not working a $100+ dollar deal then it makes no sense..... I mean I have plenty of cards on collectors want lists but what is the point of making a trade for $20 bucks worth of cards if shipping is $10... I mean I could just buy the cards from someone in the states for cheaper than it would be to ship them.

I use to use the kiosk at the PO to send small trades to Canada, always payed around $2.50. The last 5 I sent out that way were all returned to me with a sticker telling me they needed a customs form. I have started to use the method that @theboxbreaker96 suggested and it looks like some have made it to there destinations in Canada already,

Being a set collector I don't mind paying $10.50 to ship bigger trades to Canada. I get rid of cards I don't need/want and I get help to finish my sets. I also use COMC a lot.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks

Sure, because those envelopes go through the sorting machine... Have you ever seen what can happen to cards when they go though the sorting machine?...

Sending cards that way is highly unprofessional, besides it only works when you're sending 1 card or a few cards in a standard top loader...

I was actually at the post office dropping some packages off and talking to the guy that works there and they have this "measuring" thing they slip the package through to see if the package would make it through the sorting machine, mine did barely but I wasn't going to risk it.....

I use bubble mailers, and I don't like the idea of sending cards via standard envelope and writing "photos" on it... I would tho if I was just trading base cards or cards I have 100's of, cards I could replace with costing me little to nothing...

Like I said above I used the Kiosk at the PO to send #000 bubble mailers for the last couple of years with no problems and it only cost me about $2.50 to send, I would send about 4-6 base cards that way or 1 thick card.

It was so easy to do it that way. No customs form. no clerks and I think they would arrive faster then using a customs form.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12