Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves

New Old Collector from Louisiana

Like a lot of people, I collected baseball cards for awhile when I was young, and after twenty plus years, am getting back into the hobby.

I collected baseball cards during the junk wax era of the late 80's into the insert mania era of the early to mid 1990's. I accumulated somewhere in the neighborhood of 250,000 cards during that time. By 1996 or so I was more interested in chasing tail than rookie cards. Right before I got married in 1999, I sold all of my cards (along with all of my other autographs, etc.). I wish now that I had not done that, but at the time I was young and stupid and needed the dough. In 2000, I ended up moving to Australia, and really lost touch with the game itself. By the time I got back a little less than a decade later, I didn't know hardly who any of the players were anymore, etc. so I just became a very casual fan. When my son started playing baseball in 2012, I bought him some baseball cards but he never really took a great interest in them. A couple of months ago, I was bumming around YouTube, and went down a rabbit hole that found me watching videos of box breaks, flea market hunts, etc. for baseball cards. That is what really rekindled my interest in collecting again.

The hobby sure has changed a whole lot since I last collected, and I'm a bit overwhelmed by it. I have a lot of new things to learn and a lot of old things to re-learn. I haven't "officially" started collecting yet, as I am trying to decide what I want to focus my collection on. I'll be more of lurker than a poster for awhile.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Navy
    Cleveland Indians Cleveland Cavaliers Ohio State Buckeyes
    Twitter: @Tribe_Buckeye_Fan See 96berettaz26's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Welcome! Collect whatever you like, whether it be sets, players, teams, whatever. This is a great place to start, as there is a little bit of everything to be found around these parts. Good luck to you!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Welcome and good luck

I know what you are going thru
    When I first started out I went after any and every graph I could get. Now I am in the process of down sizing from any and every auto to just signed 87 Topps and Orioles.
    Hope you find your nitch

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Welcome to SCF and do you have a famous player in any of the sports?
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Welcome to the site!
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Welcome aboard!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings Minnesota Twins Minnesota Wild
    Twitter: @@RjvD78 See MNsports78's Items on eBay Instagram:
    Send PayPal to rjvd78@gmail,com Member is PayPal Verified

From one -returning to the hobby- to another, welcome! I too felt overwhelmed. I have been going crazy on eBay and in breaks. My advice- Take Your Time. Just collect a certain player or team. There is a wide viraety of cards now with a wide range of cost. Something for everyone though. YouTube is a great resource. The card family is a very helpful and interesting group of people! Cheers!

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

Welcome to SCF Brian, hope you are enjoying yourself here so far!

SCF Rewards
    Country

from one newbie to another. welcome and will keep and eye out for ya