Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Indianapolis Colts Chicago Blackhawks Indianapolis Colts

As I guy who watched as a kid in the mid 80s into my adulthood the early 2010s I lost interest after 2012. The playoff format is lame throughout the years. The car of trash which became Gen-car was garbage as well. The schedule is heavily bloated with too many intermediate tracks than short tracks. The second-tier series Xfinity (formerly Grand National) dominated by Cup drivers then dropped most of popular short tracks (Indianapolis Raceway Park) in favor of same intermediate tracks NASCAR raced on, and stuck of playoff format on it as well. It's heavily too corporatized with bland drivers. The idiot Brian France lost his head in running the series tossing phantom yellows to bunch it up for made-for-TV trainwreck finish. I don't blame Carl Edwards retiring because he got sick of NASCAR BS. Jeff Gordon should have won 7 Cup titles if the playoff format didn't happen. Joey Logano should have been champion years earlier only get screwed out during the playoffs because someone on purposely crashed him and knocking him out. The past 6 years been bs, I don't watch NASCAR anymore. I just watch clips and read about it.

The only series I watch regularly is Indycar

You really hit something there that I 100% agree with. Cup drivers constantly driving Xfinity races and truck series. Those series IMO are for upcoming drivers unless you want to drive in just that series much like Matt Crafton in the truck series. Cup drivers running the races and not running for points just burns me up. These young guys are trying to learn to progress their careers and earn the championship by the end of year. By cup drivers constantly driving the xfinity and truck series dilutes the chances for these guys to gain points. I'm not against the cup drivers driving in the races once in awhile to help the field elevate their skills but drivers constantly doing the races and multiple drivers as well, super lame imo. If they run the other series, they really need to be limited how many they do and how many cup drivers race. I look at it like this: multiple pro football players going down to college league play just for a few games, their skills have been honed and polished, college players are learning. Will the college players learn from the pros, yes, but you messed up the purity of the college level. Just my 2 cents. Great pov, thanks for the comment!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SportsCardForum mobile app

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

You really hit something there that I 100% agree with. Cup drivers constantly driving Xfinity races and truck series. Those series IMO are for upcoming drivers unless you want to drive in just that series much like Matt Crafton in the truck series. Cup drivers running the races and not running for points just burns me up. These young guys are trying to learn to progress their careers and earn the championship by the end of year. By cup drivers constantly driving the xfinity and truck series dilutes the chances for these guys to gain points. I'm not against the cup drivers driving in the races once in awhile to help the field elevate their skills but drivers constantly doing the races and multiple drivers as well, super lame imo. If they run the other series, they really need to be limited how many they do and how many cup drivers race. I look at it like this: multiple pro football players going down to college league play just for a few games, their skills have been honed and polished, college players are learning. Will the college players learn from the pros, yes, but you messed up the purity of the college level. Just my 2 cents. Great pov, thanks for the comment!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SportsCardForum mobile app

I have said the same thing for years. What purpose or reason does it take for a Cup driver to drive in the Minor Leagues of Nascar? We get it, you made it to the big leagues, now just stay there and let younger drivers hone their skills. I have a friend who is on DiBenedetto's pit crew and from what I watched at Daytona, he has a real good chance at winning. I think it was Menard who wrecked him, albeit it terrible driving. Lot of younger drivers this year, so we will see if they can hang with the veterans.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12