Welcome to Sports Card Forum

The Ultimate for Everything Sports and Non-Sports Cards

•  » Are you interested in Sports and Non-Sports Cards
  •  » Looking for a tool to track your collections?
  •  » Need addresses to request for Autographs?
  •  » Want to know about Shows coming to your area?

...then you have come to the right place!

Sports Card Forum can do all of this and much more!!!

Register an account for FREE right now!

Or If you are already a Member, Please log in at the Top/Right of this page!

Thread: Hello everyone

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Kansas City Chiefs

Hello everyone

I'm really new to all this so please bear with me. I've been collecting just football cards for years but quit for awhile and focused on work now im retired and at it again. Realy I just keep all the rooks inserts die cuts stuff like that.you know what I mean anyway I need some help as to what's the best way to store my cards. I have them in3ring binders and I have5 of them full. And can I just keep base cards in binders to

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's a question you could get 20 different answers from 20 different people. When I decided how to do mine, the first question I asked myself was how often the cards were going to be shown/accessed/pulled out/discussed with friends. If you get my drift.
    Here's what I do:
    My personal collection stuff that has no chance of ever being traded or moved.......penny sleeved~toploaded~team bagged. This all goes in a toploader vault box.
    Stuff I don't mind trading or moving:
    Penny sleeve everything.......higher values get toploaded, lesser cardhoalders. More for organizing than anything else. This all in monster boxes.

Chances are you will find you're own methods but paged in a binder is fine too. If you're going to be trading it's a pain to pull and refill the spots though.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Kansas City Chiefs

Thanks man. I'm wanting to trade alot of my stuff for my team cards past and present but where I live I don't have many options. So I'm really looking for somewhere to trade or sale some of the ones I have to get the ones I want. But thanks again for letting me know and bear with me on here cause I'm new to this and having a heck of a time figuring out what I'm doing....lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Kansas City Chiefs

One more question can you put scotch tape across the top of the sleeves of the binders to keep them from moving around

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

One more question can you put scotch tape across the top of the sleeves of the binders to keep them from moving around

Welcome to SCF! And I've never thought about that. I'm sure it would work if you leave a little excess tape and then pinch in down so the sticky portion of the tape doesn't come in contact with the tops of the cards at the top of these binder pages.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale My traders on Flickr

Welcome to SCF and enjoy your stay here on the site. I agree with baystate123 and you could use tape at the top of the sleeves but I use soft sleeve when I put them in the 9 pocket sheet!

Football: Emmitt Smith, Leighton Vander Esch, 2006 SP Paul McQuistan and Michael Gallup!
    Non-Sports: Star Wars, Silver Surfer, Thor
    Baseball: Aaron Judge, Miguel Andujar and Derek Jeter!

Hidden Content

Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

how are you storing your binders? Are you laying them down or are you standing them up etc.. I would be cautious on the scotch tape as if the card somehow came in contact with the scotch tape it might not be a pretty site.

DON

Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

New Member Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants New Jersey Devils
    See bcool022's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Welcome to SCF! I agree you can get many different answers. For me, I keep my personal collection of Giants in binders so I can flip through and admire them every so often. The cards I plan to trade are kept seperated by team in the boxes you can get from your local card shop or also I have this container that stacks with drawers and I have them seperated by team in there. Of course higher end cards are sleeved and toploaded and kept in the boxes.

New York Giants Super Collector!!

Hidden Content for inserts and Hidden Content for GUs/Autos

Check out my next group break Hidden Content

Please like PrimeTime Football Breaks on Facebook!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Meh....don't tape. Risky, aesthetically unsound and if you want the card out or moved or traded then it's a pain in the ™™™. If the cards in your folder (not a folder fan) are staying forever in your PC then penny sleeve them before putting them in. They'll stay snug and you can more easily slip them out if you change your mind.