Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dollar tree Store UD packs

I was in a dollar tree store ( in Canada) and they had packs of 18/19 UD1 cards for $1.25. After I bought 5 packs I realized they only contain 4 cards. So I opened the 4 packs and quess what I pulled ???????????????????????????????

Absolutely nothing but base cards. BLAH

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

That would have been a good find if it contained something special like a sweet YG. I wonder if all these packs are only base at that price point? Might have to find a Dollar Tree soon haha.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

They have had the $1 packs for baseball in America and they have all just been base cards. Not good if you are looking to pull rare stuff but if you are after hot rookies it might be a cheaper alternative than to buy the more expensive packs.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bought a few myself with the same luck. If anyone knows if they are sold in base-card only packs let us know.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I was in a dollar tree store ( in Canada) and they had packs of 18/19 UD1 cards for $1.25. After I bought 5 packs I realized they only contain 4 cards. So I opened the 4 packs and quess what I pulled ???????????????????????????????

I was disappointed as I was waiting for the great hit. Sorry to hear!

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scotforti's Items on eBay

anybody got a picture of one of these?

SCF Rewards
    Country

All the packs from Dollar Tree are base packs, pretty sure it says them right on some packs I think on the back of them, I was actually trying to find wrestling one's of those at Dollar Tree around Christmas time because my young son likes wrestling and cards so he would've enjoyed opening them and with them all just being base then there would be no harm because he for sure would damage them some. So if you are wanting hits don't buy any of the packs from Dollar Tree for sure!
    Tradelist Hidden Content
    All My Want Lists Here Hidden Content
    Looking For Higher End True RC's...The Cup, Future Watch Etc. Etc.

SCF Rewards
    Country

There is a Dollar Tree right across the street from my house, I bought a few packs last winter and got nothing - nor did I expect anything but I gave them a shot anyway hoping I would pull at least a canvas or YG..........I don't believe those 4 card packs contain inserts, parallels or even YG's. As a matter of fact there is a video on youtube where a kid/teenager bought 50 packs and opened them all on camera and he got nothing but base cards - and crappy base cards at that..... Those 4 card packs are a total ripoff and my theory is that UD uses those 4 card packs to dump their excess base cards.

While we're on the subject of Upper Deck products that are ripoffs -- those Upper Deck Tins are a ripoff as well. They cost like $10 more than a blaster box, and all you get is a Winter Classic jumbo card and the tin itself.. I would take a blaster box (and the jumbo YG that comes with it) over a tin any day of the week.. My preference tho are Fat Packs er "Jumbo Packs" as we used to call them back in the day - those things are "hit factories".... Unfortunately due to where I live I don't have access to retail or hobby packs/boxes - nor have I locally been able to purchase any product beyond Upper Deck, MVP & Parkhurst..

Thank God for Dave & Adams Card World.. I would love to visit their outlet store in Buffalo (I think that's where it is) I hear it's the size of a Walmart - sounds like Heaven to me... I would love to walk in there one day with $5,000-10,000 in cash and drive away in a van stuffed with cards...

Sorry for getting off topic, lol.
    Last edited by Savard18; 02-06-2019 at 01:37 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That would have been a good find if it contained something special like a sweet YG. I wonder if all these packs are only base at that price point? Might have to find a Dollar Tree soon haha.

I think that's how Upper Deck unloads their excess base cards from the printing process to keep their insert to base card odds/ratio's accurate. That, and I'm sure some sheets come out partially defective with perfectly good cards still on them and they're not going to waste that.

SCF Rewards
    Country

anybody got a picture of one of these?

The packs look identical to all other packs, however on the bottom where it usually says "contains X cards" it says 4 instead of the usual..

They're very deceiving -- you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between these packs and a typical pack from a blaster or hobby box just by looking at them.

Also, they come in bizarre looking boxes.. I would say a box contains roughly 200 packs .. The boxes kind of remind me of a "dispenser" ... The boxes stand upright like a tower and at the bottom there is a little "dispenser tray" where you pull packs out..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast