Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Fan Who Flashed Laser On Tom Brady During AFC Championship Game ID'd And Arrested

http://dailysnark.com/fan-who-flashe...-and-arrested/

The fan who shined a green laser on Patriots quarterback Tom Brady during the AFC Championship Game has been identified, apprehended and banned from Arrowhead Stadium for life and soon will face criminal charges from the Kansas City district attorney, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

According to the report:

After a Kansas City television station identified a fan shining a laser on Brady, Chiefs officials quickly worked to identify the fan by using videotape and eyewitnesses.
    “There’s a lot of pride in Kansas City, and we and our fans thought, ‘You don’t do that here,'” one Chiefs official told ESPN.
    The Kansas City police department initially wanted to cite the fan with disorderly conduct, but Chiefs officials didn’t feel those charges were strong enough and instead have been pushing for “the harshest penalty possible,” in the words of one source.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

This is why we can't have nice things.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So it was a Chiefs fan?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos
    See Just a buyer, no page.'s Items on eBay

Awesome!

As a season ticket account holder, I am happy to see such people banned from a stadium. He's probably a single game ticket buyer, as they would have proudly announced them stripping his tickets if he was an account holder.

I've seen a lot of people over the years that deserve to be prohibited from ever coming back.

Wish they caught more of them....

Plus, I've had my own run in with a little snot nosed kid with one of things who though it was cool to point it at peoples faces on a ride at a community fair one night years ago. He had just won it at a game, and was not happy to have to turn it over to his dad, who let me keep the batteries. I still remember that kid trying to claim I was the aggressor, and the bad guy. And that what he did was actually OK, and he shouldn't have any consequences for it. Just a harmless prank.

No sympathy from me for this guy. I hope they throw the book at him.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

You would hate to have a game decided because some fan decided to pull a stupid stunt like this. If anyone finds out what the punishment is please post it as I would love to know what they decide to do.

DON

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Remember the game before that Reid was going to the crowd and telling them to stop throwing snowballs on the field cause it would penalized the Chiefs? Bad fans (of any team) are garbage humans.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos
    See Just a buyer, no page.'s Items on eBay

Remember the game before that Reid was going to the crowd and telling them to stop throwing snowballs on the field cause it would penalized the Chiefs? Bad fans (of any team) are garbage humans.

I remember that. One of my favorite moments from that game.

We've had a lot of snowballs thrown from the stands over the years. Lincoln Kennedy & Dale Carter come to mind. Never gonna forget Kennedy getting hit with about 50 snowballs on his way out for pregame at old Mile High once. My seats were straight across from that tunnel entrance, and I had a great view of the whole thing. The cops swarmed like bees after that. And that was like 25 years ago.

Yeah, now the team can be penalized on the field for the actions of the crowd. I forget the rule, but I think it's 5 yards & loss of down for delay of game.

Plus an immediate ejection if the perp can be found.

Mile High has a holding cell under the North end for people who wish to inject themselves into the game. Streakers, fights, people who throw stuff onto the field, etc. All the people who make going to games a more colorful experience.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

There's always some idiot that thinks this is cool.

I give you as Exhibit A a 2009 Fox Game of The Week in baseball between St. Louis & Philadelphia. Some idiot shined a laser pointer in the faces of some St. Louis players, and when it was called to the attention of the umpires, the Philadelphia fans, protecting one of their own, let the punk escape. The Phillies won the game, but karma came up and bit them in October when they lost the World Series to the Yankees.

In the case of Tom Brady, did the laser affect his play? No, not in the slightest bit, as evidenced by the fact that the Patriots won the game, and would win the Super Bowl.
    "You can't have an oversight committee on stupidity!"--Woody Paige, "Around the Horn", 2/11/08