Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Arrow Have the Lakers' Brass Lost Their Minds?

The ONLY way the Lakers can get BOTH Anthony Davis AND offer a max contract to one of the top free agents, is if they sign that free agent this summer FIRST and then trade for Davis. If they trade for Davis now, they can NOT, under any circumstances, offer a max contract to one of the top free agents. That said, HAVE THEY LOST THEIR MINDS as they offered the kitchen sink to land Davis now which seems extremely stupid.

Your thoughts?

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The ONLY way the Lakers can get BOTH Anthony Davis AND offer a max contract to one of the top free agents, is if they sign that free agent this summer FIRST and then trade for Davis. If they trade for Davis now, they can NOT, under any circumstances, offer a max contract to one of the top free agents. That said, HAVE THEY LOST THEIR MINDS as they offered the kitchen sink to land Davis now which seems extremely stupid.

Your thoughts?

What did the lakers offer? As the last thing I read was what the Pelicans wanted and that was 4 picks, plus a trio of players from the Lakers, and something about acquiring Hills salary as well. If they did that I would think it would be quite insane but hey Davis is a heck of a player but I think they could do better after the trade line as A.D. might not want to play for the other teams.
    D
    on

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

They are desperate for AD right now because they are deluded enough to think they can get a title immediately, and the Pels are toying with them. Meanwhile the Lakers just endured the worst loss in James' own professional history. What a mess, but then again, this is Lala Land, home of over the top Hollywood.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See vivchuleta's Items on eBay

Saw it coming, no confidence in the young group. Now there is no going back. Will laugh if pelicans wait and Lakers drop out of playoff contention.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Saw it coming, no confidence in the young group. Now there is no going back. Will laugh if pelicans wait and Lakers drop out of playoff contention.

If Lakers' brass was smart, they would NOT even want to trade for AD now ... and they'd be happy if the Pels refused to trade AD now ... but they seem "lost" ... regardless, this summer could be fun ... I'd love to see something like:

AD traded to the Lakers + Kawhi sign with the Lakers

Kyrie and KD sign with the Knicks

Boogie & Kemba sign with the Clippers

Jimmy Butler sign with the Nets

Etc ... player movement is fun.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See vivchuleta's Items on eBay

I understand the business of trading players, esp, if they reached their potential., or contract is fulfilledd. But when you want to play with a play when a particular player or team. Can’t stand it. If you consider, say Lebron to be the best, challenge him. Do not ask to be his robin. As far as trades. Lakers have already sold out the young talent, with not having confidence.
    Durant, I think ways counted out but players play their hearts out. What they need is a big man, Simone like Steve Adams to clear lanes and rebound.

SCF Rewards
    Country

To be fair I don't think I've seen an ACCURATE trade offer the Lakers ever made tot he Pelicans. Most of it was just speculation by the media so you can't really judge them until you find out what they actually offered. Maybe it was really crappy.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

To be fair I don't think I've seen an ACCURATE trade offer the Lakers ever made tot he Pelicans. Most of it was just speculation by the media so you can't really judge them until you find out what they actually offered. Maybe it was really crappy.

I believe it was reported that the Lakers offered Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Rondo, Beasley and Stephenson along with (2) 1st round picks for A.D. and the bad contract of Solomon Hill ... and the Pelicans said they'd need (4) 1st round picks ...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See joebobjingo's Items on eBay

Just because Magic was a great player....

It's an obvious mess in LA. But they can get out of quickly because well, it's LA. LeBron and the Lakers should have that sense of urgency. No time for rebuilds in LA. A championship run this year seems a monumental task, so they should see what they really have in Lonzo Ball and Brandon Ingram, and whether these guys are part of the solution.

I think it's more likely than unlikely that LeBron will win another championship. Whether or not that happens in LA? It just seems strange to see LeBron in a Lakers uniform, and I haven't gotten totally used to it yet. Players are always going to want to play with him, but it's not quite that easy when you're dealing with people and personalities. So yeah, LeBron should especially have a sense of urgency. You figure after this season, he should have 2-3 more elite seasons before he starts to slow and break down in an obvious way.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I believe it was reported that the Lakers offered Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Rondo, Beasley and Stephenson along with (2) 1st round picks for A.D. and the bad contract of Solomon Hill ... and the Pelicans said they'd need (4) 1st round picks ...

That's what I initially heard but then another source said it was that offer but with only 1 out of the 3 of Lonzo/Ingram/Kuzma. So I don't know if this was the media (ESPN) trying to get a story going and moving him to the Lakers to save a dreadfully boring sports year so far or if there was anything really offered from the Lakers side. I trust nothing from the media anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast