Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Image uploading question

I recently uploaded a few card images into the manager. This months' site contest got me motivated enough to help the site out with some images they did not have. My question, since I've never done it before is whether they are going to get validated or not. I just didn't know how long it took for validation. I'm figuring why do more in the same manner if all I have to do is make a couple small changes. If anyone wants to check the images I've done and let me know that would be great too.
    Thanks.

OPG Basketball Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (123)
    Country
    Utah Jazz Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears
    See bballkm32's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale

Don't quote me on this, but from what I can see, the images should be cropped a little closer to the card and not the card holder. Also, the cards should be oriented the right way for them to be accepted.
    Collecting Karl Malone, Ryne Sandberg, Pat Angerer, Tavian Banks, Devyn Marble, Aaron White, Jarrod Uthoff, Tyler Cook, Keegan Murray, Kris Murray, Luka Garza, Joe Wieskamp, Jordan Bonhannon, DJ Carton
    Hidden Content

Inventory:
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Don't quote me on this, but from what I can see, the images should be cropped a little closer to the card and not the card holder. Also, the cards should be oriented the right way for them to be accepted.

I uploaded some '73's........cropped them and oriented them. Still got rejected. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

SCF Rewards
    Country

They have to be the correct width and height. If they are too small it won't get accepted. If you post one of the images that was rejected here I could probably tell you what the problem was.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

check out this thread - good details here

https://www.sportscardforum.com/show...upload-contest

I took a peek at the rejected images

baystate.PNG

it appears that the scan is in the toploader and we can see the top loader, which is the reason for the rejection for our master database. This is something that you can still use for your collection but we are going to be looking for images as described in the link.

hope this helps

SCF Rewards
    Country

The first batch I did were these. Someone suggested cropping which I did on a second batch. But those were rejected also. Here's an example of the latest that were rejected. Thanks for any help.

SCF Rewards
    Country

They have to be the correct width and height. If they are too small it won't get accepted. If you post one of the images that was rejected here I could probably tell you what the problem was.

This is an example of some cropped ones that got rejected as well.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

size is not the issue, it's the extra spacing around the card.

I want to discuss this because unlike modern cards (especially base), I wonder if we should look at making adjustments to our internal guidelines for vintage (pre-1980)
    @mess0312 - thoughts?

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants New York Yankees New York Rangers

@scottkoz20 to me there is nothing wrong with the images above. There is very little space around the actual card and is not the issue. @patriotsguy has been doing a lot of the validation. Roger, do you have any insight on why these might have been rejected? They look good to me unless I am missing something.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Last thing I wanted to do is open a can of worms. Don't kill yourself or make any major changes to the system on my account. Originally, I just finished a 1970 Topps set and just figured I would download my cards to finish off your 1970 set on the site. And then that contest started and I figured it would be a fun way to get the '70 set complete for the site and enter the contest at the same time. The later cards from '72, '73, '74 were just for practice to see if I was doing it right. But like I said, not looking for a big fuss. Thanks guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast