Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hi from New Jersey, 15 minutes from Philly

Hello everyone, I'm from South Jersey in the Philly suburbs, so I root mostly for the Phillies and the Yanks (with Colorado and Boston on the side as I have family members who live in CO and MA). I got back into collecting baseball cards about 4-5 years ago after stopping around the year 1992. I started with the 3 or so shoeboxes full of cards I had when I was younger. I actually had a 1990 Topps Frank Thomas rookie card, and I remember how proud I was to have a Jose Canseco 40/40 card (now you can't give them away for free!). I still remember a bad trade that I did for a Cal Ripken glossy all star card (I didn't understand that base cards were worth more than all-star cards). After a year of collecting I transferred everything to a 3-row box. Now I have so many cards, they fill an entire armoir that I wasn't using for anything! I must have 3 or 4 Frank Thomas rookie cards from every brand. I also collect vintage non-sports and some football and basketball. I have complete sets of 1985 & 1987 WWE wrestling cards and 1981 Topps Football. I don't buy anything less than EXMT/PSA 6 quality.

I found this website after watching a Youtube video. My emphasis on collecting right now is completing sets of 1975 Topps baseball (~100 cards away from completion), and I'm also working on 1974 (1980 is on deck). I hope to get as many 1975 cards signed as possible. I already have Bobby Shantz (a wonderful man, he's 93 now and I do recommend trying to get his auto), and I'm going to try Jim Rice by mail. I have a recommendation, why not try to send your card in a plastic card saver? They don't weight much, and your card will be saved from being bent as the card saver itself is bendable but will still protect the card. I received an ebay purchase this way, and thought it was rather clever.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Welcome to the site! Side note, I have some 1975 Baseball for trade. LOL Looking for Football or refractors, or something else, I think I can trade.

Enough of that though. Take a look around and if you have any questions, please ask, everyone here it super helpful.

Good luck and happy trading

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Welcome to SCF and make sure to check the site out! Do you have any Derek Jeter cards and what Yankees are you looking for!
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice, I'll try to put together a 1975 Topps Baseball want list. I have a large amount of 2009 Allen & Ginter (mini's too) that I'm willing to part with - almost an entire 4 row box. Also a large amount of 90-91 Hoops basketball. Not sure what else I'm willing to give up, I'm a hoarder!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes, I have many Jeters (4-5 pages full, double sided), not sure if I'm willing to part with any (def. not any rookies or 2nd years). I collect Judge, Stanton, Aroldis Chapman (must have every rookie card!), and Luis Severino. CC Sabathia too, but there must be thousands of cards of him by now!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oops, forgot about Gleyber Torres, must have every pre-rookie of him.

SCF Rewards
    Country

In terms of people I enjoy collecting the most, they are: Clayton Kershaw, Mike Schmidt, & Rhys Hoskins (I will basically buy any 10-25 cent card of Kershaw or Schmidt that I see!). I also have a brick (clear acrylic ~500 card holder) each of Ken Griffey Jr. and Cal Ripken Jr. I have the '82 Ripken rookie, a few Kershaw rookies, and a few Griffey rookies - just not a 89 Upper Deck Griffey or any Schmidt rookies.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Welcome and good luck
    Glad to see another Jersey member

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good luck to you here. When you're ready to hit that '80 set I can get you anything you need.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Squrt8's Items on eBay

Welcome Dan! If you live about 15 mins from Philly, I live about 15 minutes from you!
    I have dozen monster boxes of vintage to trade from the late 50's thru to yesterday. I'm sure I have a few hundred '75, '74 and even 80's.
    I also collect Phillies (and Braves). Maybe we can trade when you get that want list posted.
    See ya!
    Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast