Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The Panini America Quality Control Gallery: 2018 Plates & Patches Football (100+ Pics)

Panini America’s appropriately named 2018 Plates & Patches Football arrives in hobby shops across North America on Wednesday packed with powerful portions of Plates (one Printing Plate 1/1 per box), Patches (one memorabilia card per box), penmanship (one autograph per box) and parallels (one numbered to 50 or less per box) in each five-card hobby box. The product boasts bold colors and a comprehensive autograph checklist featuring the 2018 season’s hottest rookies as well as the game’s biggest superstars and greatest legends.
    https://blog.paniniamerica.net/2019/...ball-100-pics/

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Panini America’s appropriately named 2018 Plates & Patches Football arrives in hobby shops across North America on Wednesday

I'm literally quivering with anticipation to learn how appropriately named it is!

packed with powerful portions

Yessssss, inject it directly into my veins.

of Plates (one Printing Plate 1/1 per box),

2018 Plates & Patches Football. Of course, plates, check.

Patches (one memorabilia card per box),

2018 Plates & Patches Football. I see it, patches, check

penmanship (one autograph per box)

2018 Plates & Patches Football. Penmanship... penmanship..... hmmm, not seeing it here.

and parallels (one numbered to 50 or less per box)

2018 Plates & Patches Football. Huh, nope, no parallels either.

The product boasts bold colors

Shouldn't all of their products brag about bold colors? Shouldn't indifferent colors be the exception? Or is the different color foil bold? I remember in the mid-90s when everyone was doing different types of foil. Topps even had gold and silver edges in their 1996 Topps Gilt Edge product. Didn't last but it was something different and dare I say... BOLD!

and a comprehensive autograph checklist

Which won't be cataloged for 5+ years on their own website.

featuring the 2018 season’s hottest rookies as well as the game’s biggest superstars and greatest legends.

Rookies, superstars, and legends. Nothing that couldn't be found in Donruss or Score, brands operated (but not mastered) by Panini.

For an article that starts off with a boast about how appropriately named the product is, they were actually 50% accurate on that assessment. Call the product Panini Patches & Plates & Penmanship & Parallels Panini Quad P, or Panini 4xP, or PPPPPanini, and yeah, I can get on board with "appropriately named". Another example of a high end, cash...................

Quote Originally Posted by [URL="https://www.beckett.com/news/2018-panini-plates-patches-football-cards/"
    featuring DJ Cracka[/URL];14742190]2018 Panini Plates & Patches Football has more happening than just what’s in its name

What's this? No Ryan, nooo, I trusted you!!!

you-were-the-chosen-one-13837549.png

Putting together the 200-card 2018 Panini Plates & Patches Football base set is a challenge.

orly_owl.jpg

For starters, cards come numbered to 99

And with just one base card per box, that’s a lot of ripping.

GAH! No one is building a 200 card """"base"""" set by ripping $100+ dollar boxes to get ONE base card!!!

Action photography remains one of the focal points of Plates & Patches.

You're dead to me.

Boxes also come with one parallel that has no more than 50 copies. These breakdown to Blue (/50), Purple (/30), Green (/20), Red (/10) and Gold (1/1).

In other sets a card #/99 would be a parallel. But not in 2018 Panini PPPP Football.

Among the premium inserts in 2018 Panini Plates & Patches Football are Rookie Patch Autographs. Base versions max out at 99 copies

That neato Saquon Barkley auto patch that's pictured in the Beckett article? Yeah, just as rare as any regular base card.

While these aren’t on-card signatures

Nope, all the on-card autographs got used up in 2018 Panini One-Cash-Grab

Leaps and Bounds (/99 or less) is one of them. Like the base set, these use action images. However, the focus is even more refined with players shown leaping and diving.

It is an absolute CRIME to show Aaron Rodgers diving for something and about to break his clavical again. This set should only contain Packer players performing the Lambeau Leap.

Signal Callers (/99 or less) has an all-quarterbacks checklist

Sounds more like a subset than insert set, well with the serial numbers being the same and all. Just arguing semantics at this point.

All Hall (/99 or less) is dedicated to Canton inductees.

Other autograph themes include Playmakers (/99 or less) and Upper Echelon (/99 or less).

Why Aaron Rodgers could be in all these sets! A Signal Caller Playmaking a Leaps & Bounds play at an Upper Echelon level.

With ‘Patches’ right there in the set name, it should come as a surprise that premium swatches are among the set’s memorabilia offerings.

Can't tell if trolling Panini or copy editor asleep at the wheel

Printing Plates are all one-of-ones

Show me a product at any point in card making history where printing plates were NOT one-of-ones.

2018 Panini Plates & Patches Football at a glance: Release date: February 13, 2019

This will never not make me mad.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Jets
    My traders on Flickr

plz never stop doing what you do JPLCOM LOLOL
    Check out my Collection!
    Hidden Content
    if the offer is right I will deal anything
    I am a collector of the New York JetsHidden Content

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards