Welcome to Sports Card Forum

The Ultimate for Everything Sports and Non-Sports Cards

•  » Are you interested in Sports and Non-Sports Cards
  •  » Looking for a tool to track your collections?
  •  » Need addresses to request for Autographs?
  •  » Want to know about Shows coming to your area?

...then you have come to the right place!

Sports Card Forum can do all of this and much more!!!

Register an account for FREE right now!

Or If you are already a Member, Please log in at the Top/Right of this page!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (75)
    Country
    Calgary Flames

Millenium: The BUG didn't bite me, but BAP did

My wife and I bought our first computer back in 1984. It was an Apple IIC, and was a 7.5 lb notebook-sized version of the Apple II that could be transported from place to place.

apple IIc

I'm surprised that I didn't go blind from staring at the screen while playing some of my favorite games such as Pirates, Sundog, The Seven Cities of Gold, & Colonial Conquest. (I've still got them)

Gradually I started hearing more about IBM machines from my friends, until in 1989 I got my first Windows based computer, a 286. Upgrades to 386, 486, & Pentium followed over the years, and my gaming experiences broadened with games such as Civilization, Warcraft II, and Age of Empires. Even the opening videos for these games were spellbinding to me.

CivilizationWarcraft-2Age_of_Empires

I have to admit, there were more than a few days when the sun was coming up and I was just going to bed.

https://www.giantbomb.com/warcraft/3025-4/games/(Warcraft)
    (Evolution of Age of Empires)

But I had also discovered the record keeping side of the computer, by using Microsoft Works (kind of like Excel) to keep track of my collections. The computer had become an integral part of my life, and life was good.

Then in the late 90"s a new term starting appearing in more and more conversations, "Y2K" (Millenium Bug). It referred to upcoming problems that computers might have with the switch over to the new millenium in the year 2000. Major corporations and governments were studying the problem and preparing plans of action.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2000_problem

Of course all that talk created opportunities to create several different kinds of merchandising, I've even got a t-shirt.

Y2K t-shirt

I do remember the heightened sense of uncertainty at the time, and it was something that I worried about. When January 1, 2000 rolled around I wasn't sure what to expect when I turned my computer on. In the end everything turned out ok, and the new millenium didn't affect my computing experience.

Now to turn this over to the hockey side of things. There is a 1999-2000 BAP Millenium Series put out by In The Game, Inc. There was one card produced for my Iginla pc, card #39, but it has a bazillion parallels. Not only different colored parallels (eg. emerald, ruby, sapphire), but also a Signatures & Signatures Gold card. The parallel numbers really ramp up when you start looking at the show cards. We have the All-Star Fantasy, the Anaheim National, Chicago Sun-Times, Japan Sports Card Show, & the Toronto Spring Expo. They all have different colored parallels as well. You don't see them listed very often, and I was fortunate to pull in a few show cards recently.

Millenium.1

Millenium.2

I've never seen the Chicago or Japan versions for Iggy in this series. If you have one feel free to send me a pm. If anyone wants to add any other Millenium show card scans (any player) to this thread, feel free to do so.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Awesome BAP cards! I really like the looks of those parallels.

Collecting: Jhonas Enroth & Upper Deck 300 Win Club Cards

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (75)
    Country
    Calgary Flames

Awesome BAP cards! I really like the looks of those parallels.

Thanks, they do look sharp, and they get even better looking with age!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Thanks, they do look sharp, and they get even better looking with age!

Like a fine wine as they say !