Welcome to Sports Card Forum

The Ultimate for Everything Sports and Non-Sports Cards

•  » Are you interested in Sports and Non-Sports Cards
  •  » Looking for a tool to track your collections?
  •  » Need addresses to request for Autographs?
  •  » Want to know about Shows coming to your area?

...then you have come to the right place!

Sports Card Forum can do all of this and much more!!!

Register an account for FREE right now!

Or If you are already a Member, Please log in at the Top/Right of this page!

Thread: 18/19 UD2 Tins

SCF Rewards
    Country

18/19 UD2 Tins

Local card shop has 18/19 UD2 boxes for $110 tax included or tins of UD2 at 3 for $100 tax included.

I believe there are 3 YGs per tin and 6 YGs per box.

So if I buy 3 tins for $100 I get 9 YGs OR I buy 1 box for $100 I get 6 Ygs.

If I collect YGs the tins would probably be the best route.

My question is : what is the difference in the 2.?

How many packs in a tin, how many cards per pack, and what are the inserts in the tins. I know what is in a box but a tin.

If you know LMK.

Thankss

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Check out my trade thread here: Hidden Content

2. Check out Vault Card Club

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

In a tin, you can forget about the long-odds hits. No Exclusives, High-Gloss, Clear Cut, acetates, patches or super limited inserts.

Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content
    Base cards available: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Really. So best bet would be boxes then. thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Local card shop has 18/19 UD2 boxes for $110 tax included or tins of UD2 at 3 for $100 tax included.

I believe there are 3 YGs per tin and 6 YGs per box.

So if I buy 3 tins for $100 I get 9 YGs OR I buy 1 box for $100 I get 6 Ygs.

If I collect YGs the tins would probably be the best route.

My question is : what is the difference in the 2.?

How many packs in a tin, how many cards per pack, and what are the inserts in the tins. I know what is in a box but a tin.

If you know LMK.

Thankss

If you want Young Guns buy Fat Packs in bulk, as many as possible ... You will pull at least 1 YG out of every 2 packs... I've had so much luck with fat packs, and any time I go to "mega mart" store that has them I always buy all of them.

I have no problem with blaster boxes either, what do you get? 4 YG's per blaster box + an "over sized" er "jumbo" YG?.... I think those are really the best value beyond the fat packs, especially if you go to Dave & Adams -- they usually have a bunch of boxes on blowout, especially the previous year ... I mean last summer I bought (6) 2016-17 UD series 1 blasters for $74.99 shipped, $12.50 a blaster is not bad at all - and the best part is I pulled another Auston Matthews Young Guns (I've pulled 7 thus far).. Not to get off topic but for some reason I pull a ton of Maple Leafs, not only that but Brayden Point YG's as well, at one point I had well over a dozen Point YG's when they only booked for like $6.00 and selling on ebay for $3.99 (before he totally broke out) and I sold them all for like $40.00 for 13 or 14 of them. So you can imagine how much I regret that..

Now back to the topic at hand:

In my personal opinion I despise tins, I can't stand them -- I would take a blaster box over a tin any day of the week regardless of the price difference... Not only that but I hate those jumbo "Winter Classic" cards that come in the tins. I have several tins of those over-sized jumbo WC cards sitting in the corner ... And as a Hawks fan I never seem to pull a Blackhawk either. I wouldn't mind them if I at least got some Hawks... Although I will admit I do like the holders the cards come in, and I think Upper Deck should do the same with those "jumbo Young Guns" from the blaster boxes instead of packaging those cards like "food issue" cards..

Anyway, that's just the way I feel about Tins... Mind you I have only ever opined blasters, tins and "fat packs" aka "jumbo packs" (as we used to call them back in the day)...

I really hope to buy a hobby box or retail box at some point in the near future because a lot of inserts from those boxes are not available in blasters, tins or fat packs especially UD exclusives and acetate cards..

But yea, I'm not the biggest fan of tins.....Also, what are you supposed to do with them when you're done? use them for your spare change?.... I suppose they do work to store cards. I actually use a Tin to store my UD Jumbo Young Guns, but if you have too many they get in the way.. I will say I do use the tin lids as decorations in my "card room" (a walk-in closet, lol)....

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

If you want Young Guns buy Fat Packs in bulk, as many as possible ... You will pull at least 1 YG out of every 2 packs... I've had so much luck with fat packs, and any time I go to "mega mart" store that has them I always buy all of them.

I have no problem with blaster boxes either, what do you get? 4 YG's per blaster box + an "over sized" er "jumbo" YG?.... I think those are really the best value beyond the fat packs, especially if you go to Dave & Adams -- they usually have a bunch of boxes on blowout, especially the previous year ... I mean last summer I bought (6) 2016-17 UD series 1 blasters for $74.99 shipped, $12.50 a blaster is not bad at all - and the best part is I pulled another Auston Matthews Young Guns (I've pulled 7 thus far).. Not to get off topic but for some reason I pull a ton of Maple Leafs, not only that but Brayden Point YG's as well, at one point I had well over a dozen Point YG's when they only booked for like $6.00 and selling on ebay for $3.99 (before he totally broke out) and I sold them all for like $40.00 for 13 or 14 of them. So you can imagine how much I regret that..

In my personal opinion I despise tins, I can't stand them -- I would take a blaster box over a tin any day of the week regardless of the price difference... Not only that but I hate those jumbo "Winter Classic" cards that come in the tins. I have several tins of those over-sized jumbo WC cards sitting in the corner ... And as a Hawks fan I never seem to pull a Blackhawk either. I wouldn't mind them if I at least got some Hawks... Although I will admit I do like the holders the cards come in, and I think Upper Deck should do the same with those "jumbo Young Guns" from the blaster boxes instead of packaging those cards like "food issue" cards..

Anyway, that's just the way I feel about Tins... Mind you I have only ever opined blasters, tins and "fat packs" aka "jumbo packs" (as we used to call them back in the day)...

I really hope to buy a hobby box or retail box at some point in the near future because a lot of inserts from those boxes are not available in blasters, tins or fat packs especially UD exclusives and acetate cards..

But yea, I'm not the biggest fan of tins.....Also, what are you supposed to do with them when you're done? use them for your spare change?.... I suppose they do work to store cards. I actually use a Tin to store my UD Jumbo Young Guns, but if you have too many they get in the way.. I will say I do use the tin lids as decorations in my "card room" (a walk-in closet, lol)....

It's 2 YG per blaster. 3 YG per mega box or tin.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vancouver Canucks Toronto Blue Jays Edmonton Oilers
    See aemiceman's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I typically get 6-8 hobby boxes and a couple tins every year just to have the tins as a collector item. I never really do well in the tins but you do get 3 YG's. A lot of guys that only chase YG's buy the tins as you get more YG's for $100, but you don't get the chance at any other big/SP pulls as others have said.

Regarding the oversized cards in the tins, I believe Series 1 you get the Winter Classic cards and Series 2 you typically get an oversized base card.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jogesc2's Items on eBay

I agree on the dislike for tins. I got killed on a case of 16/17 Series 2 tins and a half case of 16/17 series 1 tins. Plus the oversized cards are dumb. I'll never buy another tin again. That's just my opinion though.