Welcome to Sports Card Forum

The Ultimate for Everything Sports and Non-Sports Cards

•  » Are you interested in Sports and Non-Sports Cards
  •  » Looking for a tool to track your collections?
  •  » Need addresses to request for Autographs?
  •  » Want to know about Shows coming to your area?

...then you have come to the right place!

Sports Card Forum can do all of this and much more!!!

Register an account for FREE right now!

Or If you are already a Member, Please log in at the Top/Right of this page!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants NULL
    See Boinks's Items on eBay

It finally happened to me - got hit by a Wal Mart scammer

Well I've read about this happening a lot, but it finally happened to me.

Bought a blaster of 2016 Optic Football today that had been marked down to $14.98. As soon as I got home and opened the plastic I knew it had been resealed. The plastic was the type used for easter baskets and that's when I noticed it didn't have any Panini logos on it. I looked at the packs to make sure and they had been re-sealed on the bottom with a hair crimper or something (plastic style packs).

I got back to Wal Mart within maybe 15 minutes of making the purchase but I had a hard time getting them to refund me for it. For one thing the customer service person didn't believe me. For another, there was nothing to exchange it for because it was the last marked-down box in the store. Also the UPC on the wrapper didn't match the UPC on the box - it was a big mess. In the end she still didn't believe me, but gave me my money back 'this one time', even after I explained exactly how it was resealed and returned. (When the product came out in 2016 someone bought the blaster, opened all the packs, filled with junk and resealed it. Then they returned it for their money back and the vendor put it back on the shelf where it went unsold and was later put back at a marked down price)

I didn't open any of the packs, but I'm sure they were either filled with commons from Optic or just random junk cards.

Pay close attention to those boxes! Returning it almost wasn't worth the hassle and now I feel like they think I was trying to scam them.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Hidden Content - Have/Want lists, Breaks + More! Hidden Content
    I collect these players: Hidden Content , Hidden Content + NY Giants, Yankees, LeBron James, Shaq!
    01/10/10 - 500th Dave Winfield Card -- 08/28/11 - 600th Card -- 01/27/12 - 700th Card -- 05/15/16 800th Card!

2. Find Football Cards on Kronozio!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Glad this worked out for you. It is getting crazy

Hidden Content

Please bare with me sometimes my work schedule changes in a matter of minutes.Trade list is currently a work in progress if you don't see anything please ask.

SCF Rewards
    Country

When retail gets banned from stores this is going to be the reason why. I've seen people hit by this for years but it seems to have picked up big time in the past 3 months.

Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Army
    New England Patriots

Almost too easy for scammers to grab boxes off retail shelves, take the hits and leave junk behind...I feel like they may ban retail at some point as $$ flowing through the hobby picks up.

Current PC: Tom Brady / James White / Patriots RC's
    Also trying to complete the 2017 Donruss Inserts set and 2018 Classics Premium Edition Set

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings Houston Rockets Los Angeles Dodgers

Almost too easy for scammers to grab boxes off retail shelves, take the hits and leave junk behind...I feel like they may ban retail at some point as $$ flowing through the hobby picks up.

Cant wait

Collect Oregon Ducks, Vikings, Rockets

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale My traders on Flickr

Really sad that people have to be so stupid to do things like that. Plus Wal Mart is so hard on you for getting a refund! Just crazy!

Football: Emmitt Smith, Leighton Vander Esch, 2006 SP Paul McQuistan, Jay Ajayi and Michael Gallup!
    Non-Sports: Star Wars, Silver Surfer, Thor, NCIS
    Baseball: Aaron Judge, Miguel Andujar, Gleyber Torres, Graig Nettles, Harmon Killebrew and Derek Jeter!

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

My two cents on this sad issue is that it has been going on for a long time and it does not matter where it is. Big city, small city, it happens everywhere. How and when will it stop? I sadly don't think it ever will. I have noticed that Walmart has retail tins that cost more than my LCS has them for, and this is what it has come to. Walmart and other retail outlets are forced to jack up the prices on their sports card products b/c of the jerks that have to steal and then put them back on the shelf. I really don't understand. Stealing is bad enough, but then why put the products back on the shelf and screw people over that way?

As far as customer service goes, they are just clueless and there is nothing you can do about that. Most do not even know what products they get in, let alone why anyone would reseal a box of cards. Again, sad.