Welcome to Sports Card Forum

The Ultimate for Everything Sports and Non-Sports Cards

•  » Are you interested in Sports and Non-Sports Cards
  •  » Looking for a tool to track your collections?
  •  » Need addresses to request for Autographs?
  •  » Want to know about Shows coming to your area?

...then you have come to the right place!

Sports Card Forum can do all of this and much more!!!

Register an account for FREE right now!

Or If you are already a Member, Please log in at the Top/Right of this page!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos
    See Just a buyer, no page.'s Items on eBay

Brady Contenders - a little clarification please

So I saw up in Chat Chat that a Brady 2000 Championship Contenders is going for the price of a home, but in the article was something that caught my eye. Here's the link;

https://www.sportscollectorsdaily.co...toward-300000/

Near the end of the article, it says;

"As a rookie, Brady signed 100 of the Championship Rookie Ticket parallels, which are printed on a refractor-style foil stock as opposed to the standard Rookie Ticket autos. Brady also signed 100 of those"

I take this to mean there's only 100 copies of the base card. Does this seem right to you?

Is the base card really, by the numbers, just as scarce as the parallel?

It's just this is the first I have ever heard of any kind of print run announced on this card, and if so, I'd just really like to know. The prices I have observed over the years do not reflect that.

Anyone know for sure?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

2. Find Football Cards on Kronozio!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Red Sox
    See Chinmonster2's Items on eBay

This is just bad writing. Not surprising. A lot of their articles are crap as they seem to be submitted by external 3rd parties rather than they doing their own writing (and proofing). There's no published print run on the non-numbered Contenders, but it's assumed that the numbers are still relatively low compared to those non-auto'd cards. After all, you still need the players to sign all of those and I can't imagine any more than a few hundred or even a thousand at the most. That's a lot work and I think most players wouldn't bother.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Brian48; 02-25-2019 at 06:12 PM.