Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

This was a first for me

Sold a card over the weekend on eBay. It was a 2013 Oilers Collection Triple Autograph of Marty McSorley / Georges Laraque / Kevin McLelland. Not the biggest names in the world (all enforcers / tough guy types) but a nice card, and rare. I've had it listed on eBay off & on for a couple of years.... have never adjusted the BIN, but was always will to take offers.

I had an offer come in that was a bit too low for me, but after a couple of counters either way - we came to a price that I was happy with.

Now, there is nothing new or interesting about that part of the story.

So this morning, I packaged the card up and loaded up the buyers' address to write it on the envelope.... which is when I realized that I sold the card to Georges Laraque.

All my years of buying, selling, and trading online - I've never made a deal with the player on the card until now!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sold a card over the weekend on eBay. It was a 2013 Oilers Collection Triple Autograph of Marty McSorley / Georges Laraque / Kevin McLelland. Not the biggest names in the world (all enforcers / tough guy types) but a nice card, and rare. I've had it listed on eBay off & on for a couple of years.... have never adjusted the BIN, but was always will to take offers.

I had an offer come in that was a bit too low for me, but after a couple of counters either way - we came to a price that I was happy with.

So this morning, I packaged the card up and loaded up the buyers' address to write it on the envelope.... which is when I realized that I sold the card to Georges Laraque.

All my years of buying, selling, and trading online - I've never made a deal with the player on the card until now!

No way! thats amazing. so funny. thats funny too that he went back and forth with you on a price lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cool story.

Laraque is a part owner of a hockey card shop in Laval near Montreal, he's also member of a facebook trading card group

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

No way! thats amazing. so funny. thats funny too that he went back and forth with you on a price lol

He knows better than to overpay for his own cards :)

Cool story.

Laraque is a part owner of a hockey card shop in Laval near Montreal, he's also member of a facebook trading card group

Cool. I've never been surprised to hear that players are involved in the hobby one way or another.... this was not a new eBay account either. He's been a member on eBay for a long time.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very cool

Closest thing to this for me was selling Justin Fontaine cards to his brother in Alberta
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pidge27's Items on eBay

I sold Georges Laraque a card a few years back! I think I mentioned it on one of the boards as well.
    Hidden Content

Looking for 01-02, 02-03 BTP memorabilia

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

and did you invite him to join SCF?!??!

funny story dude! :)

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks for sharing. Cool story forsure!

Don

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Now this is an awesome story! Thanks for sharing.

Cool to see how involved he is with the hobby.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cool story bro.. lol

What I find interesting is the fact that Georges was trying to haggle with you, lol... I mean the card couldn't have been that much.
    Last edited by Savard18; 02-28-2019 at 10:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast