Welcome to Sports Card Forum

The Ultimate for Everything Sports and Non-Sports Cards

•  » Are you interested in Sports and Non-Sports Cards
  •  » Looking for a tool to track your collections?
  •  » Need addresses to request for Autographs?
  •  » Want to know about Shows coming to your area?

...then you have come to the right place!

Sports Card Forum can do all of this and much more!!!

Register an account for FREE right now!

Or If you are already a Member, Please log in at the Top/Right of this page!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

This was a first for me

Sold a card over the weekend on eBay. It was a 2013 Oilers Collection Triple Autograph of Marty McSorley / Georges Laraque / Kevin McLelland. Not the biggest names in the world (all enforcers / tough guy types) but a nice card, and rare. I've had it listed on eBay off & on for a couple of years.... have never adjusted the BIN, but was always will to take offers.

I had an offer come in that was a bit too low for me, but after a couple of counters either way - we came to a price that I was happy with.

Now, there is nothing new or interesting about that part of the story.

So this morning, I packaged the card up and loaded up the buyers' address to write it on the envelope.... which is when I realized that I sold the card to Georges Laraque.

All my years of buying, selling, and trading online - I've never made a deal with the player on the card until now!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

2. Find Hockey Cards on Kronozio!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sold a card over the weekend on eBay. It was a 2013 Oilers Collection Triple Autograph of Marty McSorley / Georges Laraque / Kevin McLelland. Not the biggest names in the world (all enforcers / tough guy types) but a nice card, and rare. I've had it listed on eBay off & on for a couple of years.... have never adjusted the BIN, but was always will to take offers.

I had an offer come in that was a bit too low for me, but after a couple of counters either way - we came to a price that I was happy with.

So this morning, I packaged the card up and loaded up the buyers' address to write it on the envelope.... which is when I realized that I sold the card to Georges Laraque.

All my years of buying, selling, and trading online - I've never made a deal with the player on the card until now!

No way! thats amazing. so funny. thats funny too that he went back and forth with you on a price lol

Buying or Trading for:
    Brock Boeser cards, Leon Draisaitl cards, Josh Morrissey cards, Madison Bowey cards, Nick Merkley cards, Vancouver Canucks Cards
    Hidden Content Found Here

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cool story.

Laraque is a part owner of a hockey card shop in Laval near Montreal, he's also member of a facebook trading card group

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

No way! thats amazing. so funny. thats funny too that he went back and forth with you on a price lol

He knows better than to overpay for his own cards :)

Cool story.

Laraque is a part owner of a hockey card shop in Laval near Montreal, he's also member of a facebook trading card group

Cool. I've never been surprised to hear that players are involved in the hobby one way or another.... this was not a new eBay account either. He's been a member on eBay for a long time.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very cool

Closest thing to this for me was selling Justin Fontaine cards to his brother in Alberta

*** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pidge27's Items on eBay

I sold Georges Laraque a card a few years back! I think I mentioned it on one of the boards as well.

Hidden Content

Looking for 01-02, 02-03 BTP memorabilia

SCF Owner

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    Twitter: @scfnews See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack

and did you invite him to join SCF?!??!

funny story dude! :)

Contact me for any site related issues
    =====
    Support SCF Sponsors

Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks for sharing. Cool story forsure!

Don

Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Now this is an awesome story! Thanks for sharing.

Cool to see how involved he is with the hobby.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cool story bro.. lol

What I find interesting is the fact that Georges was trying to haggle with you, lol... I mean the card couldn't have been that much.

Last edited by Savard18; 02-28-2019 at 10:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast