Welcome to Sports Card Forum

The Ultimate for Everything Sports and Non-Sports Cards

•  » Are you interested in Sports and Non-Sports Cards
  •  » Looking for a tool to track your collections?
  •  » Need addresses to request for Autographs?
  •  » Want to know about Shows coming to your area?

...then you have come to the right place!

Sports Card Forum can do all of this and much more!!!

Register an account for FREE right now!

Or If you are already a Member, Please log in at the Top/Right of this page!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Buy sell or hold Luka Prizm cards?

Is it time to Buy/sell or hold Luka Prizm cards. Panini made so many different variations of each card and produced much more of this product then years before. Will the Prizm cards hold value or eventually decrease? Also this thread assumes Luka continues to play at his current rate and becomes better yearly.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

2. Kronozio

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See joebobjingo's Items on eBay

I would be a seller, but I'm also not much of a risk taker either. People are always looking for the latest thing, and Luka is it right now. It's not to say that Luka won't have staying power, but I just don't see the potential margin worth holding onto anything that isn't like a 9.5 or 10.

- Baseball Trade List Hidden Content
    - Basketball Trade List
    Hidden Content
    - Set/Player Wants
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jmmintz's Items on eBay

I'm holding onto his base Prizm RCs right now (and would be holding the parallels if I had them) - but not the inserts.

The Doncic base Prizm RC's a $15 card. If you look at the ceiling on him as a player, I think he's already better than Ben Simmons, and the base Simmons Prizm RCs go for about $20-$25. I don't know that he will sniff Giannis Prizm price levels for various reasons (Giannis has more long-term potential and the press run of Prizm is probably higher now than in 2013), but Giannis Prizm base RCs are $100+ cards.

I think there is still growth potential for the card based on his career arc to date, barring any fluke-y type of setback (injury, etc.)

Bucket: Hidden Content
    Currently looking for: Jaren Jackson Jr | 2013/14 Intrigue Slam Ink Jason Richardson

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See joebobjingo's Items on eBay

2013/14 Prizm wasn't as widely available [marketed] as the Prizm releases today, coupled with a weak draft class in 2013, so the Giannis Prizm RC will always have that extra bounce to it. And that was also during the Topps Chrome hangover where there wasn't a full commitment to Panini yet, so people weren't buying up Prizm like they are now.

I'm kind of torn on whether Luka is high floor or high ceiling. I'm not a Luka detractor by any means but you have to wonder what the vision is in Dallas with Porzingis and how that will sort itself out, assuming they sign him long term. That's not to say Luka won't be a great point forward alongside Zinger, but on paper Porzingis has to be your franchise player, right? I'm sure I will get plenty of hate mail for that because Luka is playing so great right now on a crappy team.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for responses. On another note Dirk Nowitzki is one of NBAs top 100 players of all time and barely got any hobby interest. Dirk had a similar skill set of being a big man who could shoot threes. Was the hobby just not as big when Dirk came out.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Thanks for responses. On another note Dirk Nowitzki is one of NBAs top 100 players of all time and barely got any hobby interest. Dirk had a similar skill set of being a big man who could shoot threes. Was the hobby just not as big when Dirk came out.

Dirk was a quietly efficient shooter and scorer with no flash. Luka is a dynamic showman who hits game winners, passes with flair, and is much more entertaining. Hobbyists gravitate toward fun players, not your Dirks or Duncans.

Trade List and Want List: Hidden Content
    Personal Collection 50 Favorite Card Showcase (Updated 04/06/19): Hidden Content