Welcome to Sports Card Forum

The Ultimate for Everything Sports and Non-Sports Cards

•  » Are you interested in Sports and Non-Sports Cards
  •  » Looking for a tool to track your collections?
  •  » Need addresses to request for Autographs?
  •  » Want to know about Shows coming to your area?

...then you have come to the right place!

Sports Card Forum can do all of this and much more!!!

Register an account for FREE right now!

Or If you are already a Member, Please log in at the Top/Right of this page!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brady RC

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

Brady RC

RC sold for $400,000 +

Graded Beckett 9

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Blaster Palooza

SCF Rewards
    Country

god I wish I caught a Brady rookie back then never managed to pull one. I remember being at the mall with some buddies and we all bought a couple random packs from the one store their and the one guy pulled a Brady Auto Redemption Card I wonder what he ever did with that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Red Sox
    See Chinmonster2's Items on eBay

I got lucky. Bought him when only people in Boston wanted this 6th round game manager. At the time, I "overpaid" for this card also as everyone was only interested in the SP Authentic.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow that much for a 9? Even a 10 at that price would be a boatload of money for that card.....

Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (46)
    Country
    See blatham10's Items on eBay

I pulled a rookie years ago. It wasn't the best one. I remember it being a Playoff product. Hard times when I was younger had me sell many things including that Brady rookie when it wasn't as popular. I haven't had a Brady rookie in years until about a month ago. If any of you guys are familiar with the Facebook 'Razz' .. I won this lot. Lower end but still has good value. It cost me $38. It was worth it.

MY ALBUMS Hidden Content
    Collecting - Mike Trout - Kris Bryant - Nolan Arenado - Manny Machado - Mookie Betts - Aaron Judge - Gleyer Torres - Jose Ramirez - Clayton Kershaw - Max Scherzer - Corey Kluber - Ronald Acuna
    Carson Wentz - HOF Gu and Autos.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos
    See Just a buyer, no page.'s Items on eBay

I did pretty well on Tom Brady in 2000. Just what I pulled from boxes, back when I bought boxes. Oh how different a time that was.....

Now he makes up half a binder with Peyton Manning for me, and included in that are that Fleer Tradition along with a Pacific Paramount # 138, a Score #316, a Crown Royale Rookie Royalty #2, and a Leaf R&S #134 SN/1000.

And as luck would have it, the base Rookie AND the base Round Numbers from Contenders. Stored elsewhere.

Brian, thanks for your reply on my question about its scarcity. I think you are probably right about that editor just being lazy in his reporting. In all the years, I've paid close attention to that card, and read anything I've ever spotted anywhere about it. In print and online, and never, anywhere, did I ever see anyone claim it just as limited as your Championship version. Or any kind of reliable print run estimate. I imagine as someone with a Championship version, you've probably done the same.

I seem to remember speculation online that it was less than 500, years ago, but nothing concrete, and I do not remember where. Probably just an online discussion with another collector. I have asked, a few times, when getting Playoff or Panini people on the phone if by chance they know how many were produced, but never got anything more than a laugh. I definitely remember talking about it with the gal who sent me an Urlacher rookie from the same set as a replacement for a redemption in 2005 I think.

Which is why that line caught my attention so much, and the implications of the value of my card should he be right.

But that did not appear to just be a third party report. He wrote it himself as far as I can tell. It made me wonder where he got the idea Brady also only signed 100 of the base card. Did someone tell him that? And who? Does this guy have the kind of access where he might be able to ask Tom Brady himself that question?

As Editor of SCD, he just might, in my mind. I don't know.

Brady himself might remember how many he signed. He might even a have a record of it somewhere, like on a contract with Playoff or Donruss. Whoever it was in 2000. He barely signed any cards, even in comparison to the other players of that year, let alone by today's standards. If this editor indeed was told that by Brady himself, that might be considered a reliable enough source to verify, at last, just how many of the base card exist, since Panini doesn't seem to even know.

However, I started that other thread because I cannot possibly have read everything. I can't read everything out there, haha. Very possible I missed an article in a Beckett Football that answers this question, I don't know... Was hoping maybe someone here saw such an article, but it might not even exist, based on the responses I got, lol.

Is your card graded, Brian? Mine's not. I should have years ago, after the first Super Bowl, but just never was into grading, and now... I see the wait can be up to a YEAR at Beckett, and frankly, I don't think I would be comfortable sending it, using any kind of service, in an envelope or even box. I would always wonder if my card was switched during grading. I've read too many stories to trust strangers in todays world. I don't care how professional they claim to be. It would have to in person for me. For this card, it might even be worth going TO Beckett, and getting it graded there, in person, if they had that service.

Lastly I'd like to say I feel the Rookies & Stars is a severely undervalued card, being rarer than the SP. Not saying it should carry that value, as SP has that "Rolls Royce" kind of mystique about it. But I just feel it should be considered another of his upper end rookies.

Of course, I am totally biased on this.

$400,100.00 Plus $125 shipping. Let that sink in for a minute.

FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS. For ONE football card.

Last edited by JWinn; 02-28-2019 at 05:16 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Red Sox
    See Chinmonster2's Items on eBay

Yeah. I eventually had it graded back in '07 if I recall. Was a little disappointed that it came back as an 8. Was almost sure it was a 9. There is no surface flaking at all with the gold foil. Unfortunately, PSA did not have the half point grading system back then as it might have come back as an 8.5 if it just missed the 9. Sent the regular Contender in at the same time hence the consecutive numbers. Pretty hard to imagine that this one card is worth more than all my old cards and comics COMBINED. I don't collect any more, but still follow the hobby.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Army
    New England Patriots

Wow, awesome cards man!

Current PC: Tom Brady / James White / Patriots RC's
    Also trying to complete the 2017 Donruss Inserts set and 2018 Classics Premium Edition Set

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos
    See Just a buyer, no page.'s Items on eBay

They may be 8's, but that's a really sweet pair.

Makes all of today's crap seem like, well, crap! haha

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

$400,000....Sorry. NO way. A few people had a little too much money to spend...

Working towards Cowboys Super Collector (lol) PSA Graded Dallas Cowboys over 600 700 800+ Many the only PSA 10 in the Registry!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast