Welcome to Sports Card Forum

The Ultimate for Everything Sports and Non-Sports Cards

•  » Are you interested in Sports and Non-Sports Cards
  •  » Looking for a tool to track your collections?
  •  » Need addresses to request for Autographs?
  •  » Want to know about Shows coming to your area?

...then you have come to the right place!

Sports Card Forum can do all of this and much more!!!

Register an account for FREE right now!

Or If you are already a Member, Please log in at the Top/Right of this page!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Money to be made reselling graded cards

I throw away a lot of the common or base cards, but of the hits I’m the only one who touches them and even then they go straight into a sleeve and keep fingerprints off them by holding on by the edges, but I also pay premium price for cards that I want on eBay.

Any of the cards I get look Mint in picture, but assuming they are sent and nothing is immediately noticeably damaged, how what percentage would hit a 9.5 or 10 with PSA grading.

My other question is- assuming you have a high quality card- if you get it graded and turn it around would you still lose money, even out, or make a profit?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Blaster Palooza

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees
    See mrrosado's Items on eBay

In my experience grading is a process that is not worth it. You have to invest a lot of money in grading a card with PSA or BGS. If it gets a bad grade you might have to sell it at a loss. Even if it gets a good grade their might not be a market for it. Did I mention it takes a long time to get your cards back? So then you search and find GMA Grading . You say wow they grade for way less than the other guys and give you a guaranteed turn around time. You send cards in and realize they have a really good service. Then you realize that people do not want to buy them because they are not PSA or BGS. That sums up my grading experience. By the way BGS Authentication lost my Aaron Judge autograph! They paid me $100 for it but really lost my trust. So go with the big guys and spend lots of money in hopes of maybe making a profit, go with the little guy at the expense of having trouble finding buyers or sell them and trade them ungraded. I chose the last of these. Some collectors grade with GMA for cards that will go into their personal collection. I for one do not think it is worth the $3.50 a card when I can just put them in semi rigid holders for .15. If I did grade though it would be with GMA for my personal collection. I have about 74 cards graded by GMA that have not sold in over a year. I sold some at a loss! I have also bought PSA cards at prices I know that the seller lost their shirt!

my for trade website can be seen here: Hidden Content
    My for sale on eBay:Hidden Content
    on packrip: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

It really depends on the card. If you have popular rookies and sell at the right time yes but it is very difficult because now you get back graded cards months after you send them in. Sometimes even a year later. If you are the big time sellers and graders and are moving a ton of inventory I would suspect it would be easier since they are more lenient on you but nobody is going to get rich sending in a graded rookie here and there. Grading is just too costly.

Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can't speak about grading newer cards. And when I say newer I mean post 1980. So I suppose we can refer to them as vintage. A lot of the same rules apply to vintage cards when grading. First rule for me is PSA,PSA,PSA. That's the benchmark for my decision making. Next is coming up with an accurate grade. It's actually pretty easy calling what your card is going to come back at when dealing with PSA 4-8's. I've sent in about 400 cards to be graded over the years and never got a 4-8 wrong. Predicting 9's are difficult.....I only average about 60% with those and 10's are impossible(for me anyways). Anything less than a 4 is a challenge as well with the flaws adding up. So, once you've predicted the grade, it's really just a matter of simple math. Cost of the card that you purchased (or already own) + grading fees and miscellaneous should be less than (or equal to if you really want the card graded for your collection) the price of the graded card. Figuring the latter half out is pretty simple as well. Especially with the vintage stuff. Even commons have a great track record on Ebay. You can look them up easily and come up with an average sales figure on them.
    As far as making money on them, in my opinion it's getting star cards cheap enough or for a reasonable price but in really great condition. The commons tend to have to be in really, really nice condition depending on the set/years.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm getting ready to send in my first batch of cards to be graded. However, I am unsure whether to send into PSA or Beckett.
    From what I can gather, PSA is for more vintage and Beckett is for more modern cards, however, people tend to put more faith into a PSA graded card.
    I'm not sending in anything special, some rookie cards, some Jordan cards, etc.

I'm sure this question gets asked alot and if someone could point me to some good advice I would appreciate it, but Beckett or PSA for grading?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See armychic26's Items on eBay

my last sub to psa was 31 cards 22 was graded a 10. 9 cards was graded 9. My last BGS sub I sent 21 Cards, I got 1 graded a 10. 7 that graded 9.5.... 7 that graded 9... the rest was 8.5 and below with the lowest being a 6.5 ( im certain the card was ruined by them because I wouldnt have sent it in that condition)

you can make good money off of selling graded cards. Quick example. Buy a Luka base prizm lot of 20 cards for lets say $16 a piece.. Get them and send them to psa on the 30 day turnaround. thats $15 a cards.. now you got $31 in the card. if its a grade 9 you gonna pretty much break even... If its grades a 10 and you wait til peak selling time (after a great game or a nice highlight) sell on forums and groups not on ebay to avoid fees. You could bring in $80 .. out that of that 20 cards. you should at least profit $300.. Im not saying you will win on every card but if you do your homework you can profit nicely on selling graded cards.

Im always looking for Raiders Autograph cards. Has to be in Raiders uniform and it has to be autographed

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm getting ready to send in my first batch of cards to be graded. However, I am unsure whether to send into PSA or Beckett.
    From what I can gather, PSA is for more vintage and Beckett is for more modern cards, however, people tend to put more faith into a PSA graded card.
    I'm not sending in anything special, some rookie cards, some Jordan cards, etc.

I'm sure this question gets asked alot and if someone could point me to some good advice I would appreciate it, but Beckett or PSA for grading?

If you’re taking a poll, my vote is PSA.