Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Back to trading and it sure has changed

My name is Rick and I had to stop collecting for some time due to my health. Now I've gotten back into it and it sure has changed. The situation that the Beckett price guides or any price guide and ebay sales have created, is making it difficult to trade and sell collectables these days. It could just be my imagination, but I'm just saying that things have changed a lot. I stopped buying on ebay after they made pay pal the only option to pay for your purchases. My bank was charging me for pay pal transactions and I'm not sure, but pay pal might charge fee's too. They even have reprints available of cards that are in high demand, like Tom Brady rookies and I'm not even sure I could tell the difference, between an original Tom Brady rookie and a reprint. I'm going to keep trying anyway, but it makes things a lot harder to collect and trade these days.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Welcome back!

And yes scammers labeling counterfeits as "reprints" is a serious problem for the hobby going forward. They should all be reported to eBay because nobody has the right to reprint those cards unless they are the card manufacturer. Selling them as "reprints" is slimely because somewhere down the line people will just try and pass them off as authentic when they are fake as heck and the scary thing is it is getting more and more difficult to tell the difference each wave they make as they are looking more and more like the originals.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Welcome Rick to SCF and make sure to check out the site!
    Football: Emmitt Smith!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've been a member here for at least 10 years, Haven't been on for around 5 at least. Met a lot of nice people on sports card forum.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Go vintage Rick!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Does vintage mean at least 25 years or older? I have a 1960 Topps Harmon Killebrew and a 1970 Alan Page rookie. Is it worth getting older vintage cards graded even if they might grade at 6.5, compared to cards that are being graded in mint condition at 10?

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

Welcome back to SCF Rick, things have definitely changed in the hobby over the past few years!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Welcome back to SCF Rick, things have definitely changed in the hobby over the past few years!

Ebay sales seem to be more of a standard these days, but I wish I could get a 1984 Fleer Update Kirby Puckett at Beckett for the condition it's list for in the price guides. That's a popular one that sells very well.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

Rick- Welcome back!
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

My name is Rick and I had to stop collecting for some time due to my health. Now I've gotten back into it and it sure has changed. The situation that the Beckett price guides or any price guide and ebay sales have created, is making it difficult to trade and sell collectables these days. It could just be my imagination, but I'm just saying that things have changed a lot. I stopped buying on ebay after they made pay pal the only option to pay for your purchases. My bank was charging me for pay pal transactions and I'm not sure, but pay pal might charge fee's too. They even have reprints available of cards that are in high demand, like Tom Brady rookies and I'm not even sure I could tell the difference, between an original Tom Brady rookie and a reprint. I'm going to keep trying anyway, but it makes things a lot harder to collect and trade these days.

Rick,
    Glad you found the site and hope you enjoy it while you add to your collection. If you have any questions feel free to ask. There are a lot of features which means there is so much you can do on this site that you might not know about unless you ask. Feel free to put your waitlist out there and your tradelist yo get your trading going.

I think most people go by ebay sales than Beckett. Just my opinion of what I see on the site and selling elsewhere. @rockinyou
    Don