Welcome to Sports Card Forum

The Ultimate for Everything Sports and Non-Sports Cards

•  » Are you interested in Sports and Non-Sports Cards
  •  » Looking for a tool to track your collections?
  •  » Need addresses to request for Autographs?
  •  » Want to know about Shows coming to your area?

...then you have come to the right place!

Sports Card Forum can do all of this and much more!!!

Register an account for FREE right now!

Or If you are already a Member, Please log in at the Top/Right of this page!

SCF Rewards
    Country

2005 Topps Chrome Aaron Rodgers Bgs 10 Price check

Trying to get an idea on how much this is worth? 10 Centering, 10 Corners, 10 Edges, 9.5 Surface. Might unload it in the near future. Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Collecting Dallas Cowboys/Dez Bryant, Ryan Braun, Prince Fielder, Ryan Suter

2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears Chicago Cubs Chicago Bulls
    See jplcom's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

It's one of 10 (out of 600 total graded) BGS 10's according to the population report and one of 6 to get a 9.5 on the surface grade (the others being 9.5 in centering). I did some checking for you and according to recent eBay sales:

• BGS 9.0 with 9/9.5/9.5/9 sub-grades sold for $309.99 + $3.69 shipping
    • BGS 9.5 with 9/9.5/9.5/9.5 sub-grades sold for $455.90 + free shipping
    • BGS 9.5 with 9.5/9.5/10/9.5 sub-grades sold for $528 + $10 shipping
    • PSA 10* sold for $700 + free shipping

Another thing you can do is compare what a 2005 Topps version sells for as a BGS 9.5 and BGS 10. Use the premium as a guiding factor. So in this case I'm sampling 4 different 2005 Topps cards that graded BGS 9.5 that sold most recently. They went for (including shipping) $61, $65, $65, and $100 (???). You can argue averaging the four or using the mean. I'm going with an average sale price of $72. A BGS 10 version of this card recently sold for a shade under $400. That's roughly 5.5x premium of a BGS 10 over a 9.5, though granted it's just one sale of a BGS 10.

So taking a 5.5x premium on a 10, you could be in the neighborhood of $1,700 - $2,959 (5.5 times the lowest chrome sale price and highest sale price). Personally that seems excessive to me when going off of one 2005 Topps BGS 10 as an example. But there's only 12 BGS 10s of the Topps version, with 1,398 graded. That's about 0.8% of all BGS cards graded wind up a 10. For Chrome It's about 1.7% of all BGS graded cards that wind up a 10. That implies it's about twice as hard to get a 10 on Topps than it is Topps Chrome. From that perspective one could argue that the Chrome premium of going from a BGS 9.5 to a BGS 10 should be half as much as what the regular Topps as relative to the entire grading population for each set. In that case it would be a 2.75x multiplier which comes out to about $860 - $1,480.

If this were my card, I'd probably look for it to be in the neighbor hood of $1,480 - $1,700 with a minimum of $860 and a max of $2,959.

* = well aware that a BGS 10 does not equal a PSA 10 according to most folks. I add it in context of other BGS 9.5s.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow thank you for the extensive reply. Much appreciated!