Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Keep Calm and Carey on...

The Carey Price show was great in Raleigh tonight but it didn't have the desired ending for the Habs: https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=98515

What say you? Come April 6th, will the Habs be in or out? 7 points out of a possible 8 this week...

Discuss :)

Thanks for the looks and replies!

Karine

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

In

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Jackets have a game in hand, but are two points back. If the Habs go 4-2.... which I think is reasonable.... can Columbus go 5-2 ??

So long as they play above .500, I think Montreal is safe. Thursday vs Columbus is a huge game though.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Six game left. No gimmies, that's for sure. Florida, Columbus (BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR!), and Winnipeg this week. I think we can reasonably hope for 4 points. Beating Winnipeg would be great, an OTL would be acceptable. LOL

Also, looking beyond just the Habs, check out Carolina's schedule for their next four games: Capitals twice, Philly, and Pittsburgh. They could wreck the Metro. If they win both games against the Caps, they're only one point behind the defending Champs. If the Caps win both those games, it's a huge booster for MTL and CBJ. Fun times!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

I've given up predictions, they always make me look stupid. I will say this about Carey, though. From the beginning of December until now he has been the best goalie in the league, hands down. Great to see him back in form.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

From the beginning of December until now he has been the best goalie in the league, hands down.

Ummm, ever heard of Binnington? ;)
    21-4-1 since his first start on Jan.7. What are Carey's stats in that timeframe?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Ummm, ever heard of Binnington? ;)
    21-4-1 since his first start on Jan.7. What are Carey's stats in that timeframe?

Good point, although Price has been playing very much like the Price of old as of late.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

They're in really tough now......

Tied with the Jackets... and Columbus has games vs the Rangers, Sabres, and Senators (to close the year) plus Preds & Bruins. 3-2 seems pretty likely.

If Columbus does that, Habs need to go 3-0-1 (or better), as they will lose the tie breaker..... unless by some miracle Columbus goes 3-2, but all three wins come via Shootout, so it goes to the next tie breaker and Montreal has the better head-to-head record this year.

Granted, nothing is for sure... it wouldn't surprise me, in the least, if Columbus went 2-3, which would leave the door open for the Habs to still have a shot.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

They're in really tough now......

Tied with the Jackets... and Columbus has games vs the Rangers, Sabres, and Senators (to close the year) plus Preds & Bruins. 3-2 seems pretty likely.

If Columbus does that, Habs need to go 3-0-1 (or better), as they will lose the tie breaker..... unless by some miracle Columbus goes 3-2, but all three wins come via Shootout, so it goes to the next tie breaker and Montreal has the better head-to-head record this year.

Granted, nothing is for sure... it wouldn't surprise me, in the least, if Columbus went 2-3, which would leave the door open for the Habs to still have a shot.

No question, they're behind the 8 ball. But, let's not forget Carolina could fall out of it as well. It's going down to the wire. Considering what was expected at the start of the year, I will gladly take this. Exciting stuff.