Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See allonblack13's Items on eBay

eBay stolen cards rant...

Alright, I'm sure nobody cares but I'm livid and need to vent lol. Sold a couple Binnington cards to one Harris Ward of Toronto (eBay handle groovemerchant1983) only to have a claim of no arrival a month later. He bought two cards separately and was able to circumvent my $50 tracking requirement. I sent the buyer a quick message saying mail to and from Vancouver Island has been slow lately and that the cards would arrive soon. Of course there was no communication and 3 days later he asked eBay to resolve the problem and they instantly gave him a refund (literally less than 5 minutes later). I filed an appeal right away explaining my side of the transaction and heard nothing. Since I sold 2 cards I used one to report the seller for abusing the buyer protection and one to leave a "false positive" (I swear this is the stupidest eBay feature there is...) feedback to warn other sellers. Still no reply from eBay and then a message saying they closed the appeal and nothing has changed.

So I call...and ask if there's any recourse. I've got over 2700 positive feedback to the buyers 300. Nope. All the other packages I mailed at the same time arrived and I've received positive feedback for all. Doesn't matter. OK, I've reported this person and now I'm also asking if there's a pattern with this buyer? Sorry, I can't tell you that. If they've pulled this before I'll get my money back because they're clearly a thief...right? NOPE. I was told flat out that if this buyer has done this before the fraud section of eBay will catch them (now that I've made TWO requests to have their account history searched) and deal with their account by either closing it or limiting their buying abilities (!!!) but that I WILL NOT GET MY MONEY BACK. Maybe everyone else already knows this but it definitely came as a surprise to me. My favorite part is that eBay will still keep the selling fee they charged me.

The most frustrating this is that I don't even KNOW that this guy ripped me off but the fact that he was able to open a claim a MONTH after buying something and instantly get a refund just irks me to no end. Such a great system...*@#!!&!*!

So yeah, if anyone sees this card floating around, I'd love to hear about it.../end rant
    Many thanks,
    Shawn

SCF Rewards
    Country

Youre lucky you got one month =P

I get requests of people asking for their money back in the US less than a week after the auction ends .... that is after I have to open a claim to receive payment. I then explain that I am not in the States and this counts as INTERNATIONAL shipping. Usually no communication and instant "ebay step in" as soon as they can.

You dont need to know all the rules, the only thing you need to know is that ebay values BUYERS as their customers, and that as a seller you have zero rights or protection unless you send with SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION. Even a tracking number is not going to save you.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Shawn,
    Sorry to hear this happened to you but it one reason I never used eBay for over a decade. They do not care about you as a seller so I just keep my stuff and only sell off of ebay which makes it very slow but then again I never rant as eBay cannot screw me.

Youre lucky you got one month =P

I get requests of people asking for their money back in the US less than a week after the auction ends .... that is after I have to open a claim to receive payment. I then explain that I am not in the States and this counts as INTERNATIONAL shipping. Usually no communication and instant "ebay step in" as soon as they can.

You dont need to know all the rules, the only thing you need to know is that ebay values BUYERS as their customers, and that as a seller you have zero rights or protection unless you send with SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION. Even a tracking number is not going to save you.

My wife found this out the hard way with a nice iPhone. She sold it for a few hundred and had tracking number but guess what the L.A. post office lost track of it at their post office. Needless, to say she called them a few times but they never cared about trying to find out where the phone went missing while in their hands. Not sure what happened to it but she learned a very important lesson.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

Buyers actually have 6 months to file a claim through paypal. eBay is only 1 month but that doesn’t matter because paypal will refund them 5 month and 29 days later! Great system if you are a scammer.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

I’m sorry to hear that. It is very frustrating but it probably has happened to most of the people who have been selling on ebay for a while. It has happened to me a few times. I’ve called ebay once too and got the same results as you did. They don’t care about the sellers. They really piss me off but it still remains the best way to get your cards sold.
    I collect game used and autographed cards of Beliveau, Lafleur and Maurice Richard. Can consider other nice Habs cards too.
    Flicker: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @OscarsCards See oscars-cards's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'm happy that scams like that haven't got in my way but I would suggest you all to sell on COMC. I'm not a fan of it but I don't have to deal with mailing cards anymore.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that false positive feedback could earn you a defect on your account.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

there definitley are less than honest people out there - and more than one company besides ebay does nothing to help the seller.

my niece is an artist and was commissioned to do a series of paintings for Walter Gretzky for a charity golf tournament on PEI. of course she was thrilled, and spent about six months on her works.

she had a leading courier (starts with a P) pick up the package and expidited it to Mr Gretzky. she delivered the package to the courier THEY weighed it and did the paperwork. and sent it on its way to their shipping depot. when it arrived at its destination and the package was opened IT WAS EMPTY. nobody but the courier handled it, except of course for the representative of Mr. Gretzky.

the courier said they dont know what happened, but they had no way to trace it. trace it, they had the package in their possession from start to finish. someone obviously saw the name on the package and opened it. the courier (that starts with a P) said sorry but their was nothing they could do. they wouldnt even look into it. they offered her the minimal insurance amount IF SHE COULD PROVE THE PACKAGE (which they weighed) WASNT EMPTY WHEN SHE DROPPED IT OFF. also they couldnt verify the weight difference because the package had been destroyed (recycled) because it was empty.

she lost BIG TIME. commission, materials, time AND reputation.

customer service - the word doesnt exist in the english language anymore.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

there definitley are less than honest people out there - and more than one company besides ebay does nothing to help the seller.

my niece is an artist and was commissioned to do a series of paintings for Walter Gretzky for a charity golf tournament on PEI. of course she was thrilled, and spent about six months on her works.

she had a leading courier (starts with a P) pick up the package and expidited it to Mr Gretzky. she delivered the package to the courier THEY weighed it and did the paperwork. and sent it on its way to their shipping depot. when it arrived at its destination and the package was opened IT WAS EMPTY. nobody but the courier handled it, except of course for the representative of Mr. Gretzky.

the courier said they dont know what happened, but they had no way to trace it. trace it, they had the package in their possession from start to finish. someone obviously saw the name on the package and opened it. the courier (that starts with a P) said sorry but their was nothing they could do. they wouldnt even look into it. they offered her the minimal insurance amount IF SHE COULD PROVE THE PACKAGE (which they weighed) WASNT EMPTY WHEN SHE DROPPED IT OFF. also they couldnt verify the weight difference because the package had been destroyed (recycled) because it was empty.

she lost BIG TIME. commission, materials, time AND reputation.

customer service - the word doesnt exist in the english language anymore.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Detroit Tigers Detroit Lions
    See opulent_jupiter's Items on eBay

Sorry to hear that this happened to you Ice. This is the exact reason I walked away from Ebay. They don'y care about the small sellers. Just the corporate ones and the buyers of course. I lost out out on just under $500.00 one month to a buyer who claimed they didn't receive an item. I had tracking and still lost. This happened even though I had been selling since 2005 with no negatives or real concerns. Not mention their fees.
    Click Here for my Complete Inventory: Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast