Welcome to Sports Card Forum

The Ultimate for Everything Sports and Non-Sports Cards

•  » Are you interested in Sports and Non-Sports Cards
  •  » Looking for a tool to track your collections?
  •  » Need addresses to request for Autographs?
  •  » Want to know about Shows coming to your area?

...then you have come to the right place!

Sports Card Forum can do all of this and much more!!!

Register an account for FREE right now!

Or If you are already a Member, Please log in at the Top/Right of this page!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draft lottery

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Draft lottery

...so that was an unexpected top 3. I personally am happy Detroit dropped to 6th. It will mean they shouldn't be as expensive for me to start my Taro Hirose pc.

Does Taylor Hall have some dirt on Bettman?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

SCF Rewards
    Country

After the final 3 were announced I was hoping for anyone but NJ to get #1 pick ..... hobby graveyard in New Jersey

*** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I totally forgot the lottery was tonight.... I was busy buying cards and the Hawks moved up to #3... WOW...

My jaw has just dropped..

This is amazing...

I would love to see the Hawks move up in a trade and grab Hughes and at #3 that is very possible via trade or a slip ... This just opened the doors to all kinds of possibilities for the Hawks.... The Hawks in the next year or 2 are going to be a BEAST of a team...

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

When it comes to playing Bingo, you DO NOT MESS with Taylor Hall!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New Jersey Devils

NJ Devils fan here... that was awesome! :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've been reading various hockey forums and I find it hilarious that some hockey fans are freaking out that the Hawks jumped from 12 to 3.. Some fans are in full conspiracy mode..

What lot of fans don't realize is that the Hawks never tanked, not for Toews, not for Kane and certainly not for whomever the Hawks end up with in June. There is a draft lottery for a reason...

I still find the reactions very amusing ..

As far as the draft tho, it will be interesting to see how it plays out because Hughes isn't a lock to go first overall, and if he doesn't I doubt the Rangers would take him at #2 because they're a team that likes size, so Hughes has potential to fall... But as a Hawks fan that was expecting the team to draft between 10-14 I will take any of the top 3 forwards... That jump IMO was a franchise game changer right there... I mean I was certain the Hawks were going to sign Panarin but I'm not so certain anymore given the talented forward they're going to get.

SCF Owner

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    Twitter: @scfnews See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack

I glad that the Oilers didn't win... sad that the Sabres did not go back to back

Contact me for any site related issues
    =====
    Support SCF Sponsors

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've been reading various hockey forums and I find it hilarious that some hockey fans are freaking out that the Hawks jumped from 12 to 3.. Some fans are in full conspiracy mode..

What lot of fans don't realize is that the Hawks never tanked, not for Toews, not for Kane and certainly not for whomever the Hawks end up with in June. There is a draft lottery for a reason...

I still find the reactions very amusing ..

As far as the draft tho, it will be interesting to see how it plays out because Hughes isn't a lock to go first overall, and if he doesn't I doubt the Rangers would take him at #2 because they're a team that likes size, so Hughes has potential to fall... But as a Hawks fan that was expecting the team to draft between 10-14 I will take any of the top 3 forwards... That jump IMO was a franchise game changer right there... I mean I was certain the Hawks were going to sign Panarin but I'm not so certain anymore given the talented forward they're going to get.

I read a piece recently talking about how dumb it is that teams can jumpy from 12 to 3 (had nothing to do with the Hawks. It did mention the Flyers recent jump for Patrick). Was more of a general thing. The point of the draft is to help the bad teams get better, and letting teams that were close to being in the playoffs pick really high - it wasn't right.

As for people claiming it's rigged: All you have to do is reply with these four numbers: 2-0-1-5. If the NHL lottery could be (is?) rigged, the outcome of 2015 would have been a lot different.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

I assume trading Taylor Hall has cursed the Oilers. They'll never win another draft lottery until they get him back.

I glad that the Oilers didn't win... sad that the Sabres did not go back to back

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scotforti's Items on eBay

I'm just disappointed in the wings picking 6th :( Detroit is in desperate need of a true "star" player to help core-up the team for some future success - they have no such player and it seems like they'll never get one at this point :(

I know fellow-fans are big on Larkin - I like Larkin too - but he's not a "build the team around this guy" level of player. He's a good player, bordering on great at times but it's not enough. I don't think the wings can legitimately compete anytime in the foreseeable future and that's a rough thought :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast