I'm just disappointed in the wings picking 6th :( Detroit is in desperate need of a true "star" player to help core-up the team for some future success - they have no such player and it seems like they'll never get one at this point :(

I know fellow-fans are big on Larkin - I like Larkin too - but he's not a "build the team around this guy" level of player. He's a good player, bordering on great at times but it's not enough. I don't think the wings can legitimately compete anytime in the foreseeable future and that's a rough thought :(

I think you're pretty bang on with that.

I think Larkin is a very good player, but I don't ever see him turning into the kind of play that can be the best player on a Championship team. Key piece? Yes. 1st liner? Yes. The MAIN piece? No.

The idea of the Lottery is understandable. You don't want teams to tank - so you take away the incentive..... but the whole point of the draft is to distribute the best talent to the weakest teams. When teams near the bottom can get pushed down 3 spots, it really stops the distribution from happening as it was (once) intended.

I'm not sure what the solution is.