Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

New Member from New England -- happy to find SCF

Greetings -- my handle is not actually my profession, but a Little League nickname. (I wore glasses, and so there you have it.)

I am a lapsed collector, like so many others, leaving in my teens and then just recently returning to the hobby. It's a little different now, no? While I dabble a bit in football and hockey, I am mainly a baseball guy. I am a set builder at heart, having enjoyed hand-collating sets when I was a boy. That said, I do enjoy some of the modern-era characteristics of the hobby. I've yet to take part in a group break, which I'll have to remedy soon. I just want to find a very reputable avenue for this, with a trustworthy, friendly community behind it.

I collect both vintage and new, but again, my heart always strays back toward vintage. There are a few projects which I plan to undertake now that I am (fairly seriously) back in the hobby as an adult. The goal is to be a focused collector, and not have my interests and money spread too thin so that there is no direction to any of it. I want my collection to have some personal meaning, so that it can be passed down as a family heirloom of sorts
    :
    -- the first project is the Birth Year Project. For my closest family members, I want to own at least one card from their birth year -- grandparents, parents, sister, etc. The years right now would be 1920, 1921, 1948, 1949, 1979. The last one is easy; the others, not so much.

-- the second project is one that I hatched in my head from doing two things -- reading Roger Kahn's "The Era" and by visiting Cooperstown and seeing a great exhibit many years ago in the early 2000's called "Summer in the City." Both involve the grand years of baseball in New York City from 1947-1957. (Of course, after '57, two of the three teams sadly headed out west.) So, my idea is to own, for each year from 1947-1957, at least one Dodgers card, Giants card and Yankees card. Yes, 1952 is going to be a challenge!

-- the third project is to complete my own birth year set, 1974 Topps, and then that of my daughter, 2013.

-- last is to start/continue PCs of Yaz and Don Mattingly

Probably enough reading for everyone -- feel free to say hello and chat with me anytime. Always ready to expand my enjoyment and circle of hobby friends.

Cheers,
    Prof

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

Prof- Welcome to SCF!
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Welcome to SCF, Professor!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Welcome to SCF Professor. Good luck on your collecting!
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content