Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Best make for Manning/Luck?

Hey All,

For fun, a few buddies and I are looking to buy some classic hobby boxes and open them on our annual guys trip.

We are all from Indy so big Colts fans. What hobby boxes should I look for in 1998 (Manning Rookie Year) and 2012 (Luck Rookie year)? Any to stay away from? Not looking to find my retirement but a chance at a cool Manning/Luck would make it more fun.

Thank you for the help.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@KiloSportsCards See kilosportscards's Items on eBay Instagram:

Depends what your budget is. Most of the 98 products are going to be a pretty penny.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Depends what your budget is. Most of the 98 products are going to be a pretty penny.

Looks like there are some 1998 Topps Finest Series 2 out there for around $99.00, Series 1 for twice that. I am having trouble finding the difference between Series 1 and Series 2.

2012 has all sorts of options. Topps has like 5 different variations. This is the era I start getting confused. Any advice on 2012? I would like to keep it under $100 per box if possible. Lower the better. Under $50.00 and I consider it a guilt free box.

Just bought a random 1995 Topps Finest for $40.00, should be fun to open.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Series one was releases at the beginning of the season or just in the pre-season and will be the first half of the base set and series two was released in-season and includes the second half of the base set. Most notably series II will include the rookie cards. There are also insert sets that are specific to each series.
    I would try to avoid Topps in 2012 because of the redemption cards. They won't honor them. I would go with either Certified or Rookies and Stars if you want to keep it under $100. Or Gridiron Gear if you can get that for under $100. Not as high value hits as other products but better chance of getting something.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you. That was exactly the information I was looking for. I know things change but wow, there are a ton of different options out there. Appreciate the advice.

Just got a blaster box of the Rookies and Stars for under $20.00, worth it just for the fun no matter what I pull.

SCF Rewards
    Country

No problem. Welcome back to the hobby and have fun on your road trip! Good luck with your breaks also. Let us know what you ended up pulling.