Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Indianapolis Colts Chicago Blackhawks Indianapolis Colts

Question Whats your opinion of the current condition of the WWE?

Hey Y'all,
    So, I have recently re-discovered wrestling in the last year and I LOVE IT!!!!! But, I have noticed that there is some inconsistencies from match to match and from week to week. I have been diving into news of the WWE and the recent issues with stars leaving (one being one of my favs, dean ambrose), stars not being paid a fair salary, stars not being happy, stars not working under contract, and I can go on......

So, what is your opinion of the current condition of the WWE?

Here is mine, I think as a company, they are now hurting and worried with the recent upcoming promotion of AEW (which I will check out). I also believe as a whole, that the stars want to invest and expand their characters. While Vince is more stuck in the past (for the most part), this causes issues with the new style of wrestler who want to develop their character which they can stand by and be proud of. I also believe that the company is not going anywhere and will adapt to these changes, to how long it will take....no idea but I have no doubt that the WWE will bounce out of the rut. As with any company, there's going to be highs and lows, I believe the WWE is at the low point in a bad way. Now is the time for the company to show what they are made of and show change. What you all think? Would love to hear your opinions.
    Last edited by CaptainMK; 05-06-2019 at 12:16 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

They make tons of money from corporate sponsors now so they won't go out of business anytime soon but they are shrinking as a business. That is clear. His daughter along with HHH are probably running the show more now and the whole vibe of the show and company has changed. I stopped watching years ago so it must be totally different now but it was getting unwatchable at times.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

They make tons of money from corporate sponsors now so they won't go out of business anytime soon but they are shrinking as a business. That is clear. His daughter along with HHH are probably running the show more now and the whole vibe of the show and company has changed. I stopped watching years ago so it must be totally different now but it was getting unwatchable at times.

Yeah, there are times watching where I go...."wow, that's bad" and I can see where people are turning it off. You are 100% right on sponsorships, they have a TON of outside money invested in them, so I don't believe they are going anywhere. I had this thought last night, society as a whole has become so politically correct about everything. With the WWE.....they had to change with the PCness of society by being more family oriented (attitude era to the now) and with the vast amount of money that's invested from outside sponsors, that was a must to not allow sponsors to cancel sponsorships. This has a direct effect on how the entertainment is broadcasted on a global scale and I believe that people (the fans) are sick of the bland everyday story line. Also I believe the superstars are sick as well being constricted by so many barriers to not allow character development (hince why many are leaving). Basically, I think there's a snowball effect happening causing fans/people much like yourself to change the channel and for valid reasons. Thanks for the comment and opinion. Take care.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I really wouldn't call it a PCing of society though. It is very clear that Hollywood and media is becoming very PCish and control like but I don't buy it that the majority of people actually want that. Game of Thrones isn't PC or kid friendly and it is one of the highest rated shows on TV. R rated movies are breaking records all the time. I'm not saying if they went more adult they would attract more viewers but it is clear that they have lost basically all of the attitude era fans. I can understand why they went that route because they essential sold out to Hollywood for billions and most people would have done the same thing in that situation but the whole reason why people were drawn to wrestling was because it wasn't like anything else. When you now make it like everything else it is boring and repetitive because every other show is like it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I really wouldn't call it a PCing of society though. It is very clear that Hollywood and media is becoming very PCish and control like but I don't buy it that the majority of people actually want that. Game of Thrones isn't PC or kid friendly and it is one of the highest rated shows on TV. R rated movies are breaking records all the time. I'm not saying if they went more adult they would attract more viewers but it is clear that they have lost basically all of the attitude era fans. I can understand why they went that route because they essential sold out to Hollywood for billions and most people would have done the same thing in that situation but the whole reason why people were drawn to wrestling was because it wasn't like anything else. When you now make it like everything else it is boring and repetitive because every other show is like it.

Great points! Love the insight! Thanks