Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Upper Deck error cards

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See messanjah01's Items on eBay

Upper Deck error cards... worth more?

Sorry if this has been brought up before

Check out 2015-16 Upper Deck Canvas POE Josh Anderson #c264. The person shown on the front of the card is clearly not the Josh Anderson that the card is intended. The guy on the front, whom I'm assuming is this Josh Anderson (https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe.../josh-anderson) a left shooting defensemen while the Josh Anderson on the Columbus Blue Jackets is a right shot forward.

A second potential error card is this Jarome Iginla from 16/17 upper deck clearcut superstars #ccs-ji. The back of the card states he was born in Calgary which isnt true bc he was born in Edmonton.

I was in the process of informing beckett of the first one yet after providing the rep. with all the information he said "thank you" then minutes later our chat disconnected due to it being idle too long.

Last edited by messanjah01; 05-09-2019 at 08:46 PM.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yeah they're not entirely uncommon these days - with the volume of cards that get produced, the occasional error does slip through QC from time to time. The Anderson one I remember seeing back when the product came out - that's a pretty egregious error. The first year UD did the Trilogy Signature Pucks they put all of Louis Leblanc's autographs on upside down. When I got mine I sent it in to be fixed - I probably have the only corrected version on the market. LOL

Last edited by RGM81; 05-10-2019 at 11:45 AM.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Looks like an unofficial 1 of 1 😂

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Wasn't aware of the Anderson thing..... one of the more notable ones I can think of (in the last few years) is UD making Mike Brown autograph cards:

There's a bunch of 2006-07 Rookie Autographs of Mike Brown, like this one:

This Mike Brown was a Bruins draft pick, I assume backed up for a game or two (that's how he got cards). Never actually played an NHL game. You can see his hockey db profile here:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=72575

A bunch of years later, another Mike Brown suddenly got autographs from UD. He was the the (kinda) popular enforcer for the Leafs / Oilers / Sharks / Habs / Ducks (maybe someone else?)

Here's his hockeydb profile:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=78351

Note that the two cards have the same signature. Someone at UD added Brown to the autograph checklists - I assume because they had stickers to use, and didn't realize they were two different people.

As far as Beckett goes: I don't believe they've tagged anything as an error card, unless there is also a corrected version.... and this isn't something card companies have done since the early 1990s (as far as I can remember). Not surprised they'd just give you a "thanks" and move on. Without a variation in the card, its not something they really care about.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Or my Matthews/McDavid All Star Skills Patch..

Seems Upper Deck has become the new Pro Set, lol...

SCF Rewards
    Country

I guess this happens more than I thought... what happened with your patch card?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I guess this happens more than I thought... what happened with your patch card?

Notice the error?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lol they put the patch on the wrong player....that's bad !

Still an awesome card though :)