Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Kendrick Perkins blasts Kyrie Irving

https://sports.yahoo.com/kendrick-pe...020628393.html

Kendrick telling it like it is. Kyrie was obnoxious and a bad leader this year, as I expected might be the case with him after his antics in Cleveland. Talented player, but selfish guy who doesn't often play the right way or exhibit the right leadership. I'm so tired of his mealy-mouthed crap where it looks like he's taking responsibility, only to contradict himself and say "that wasn't me." I hate that response -- if that wasn't you, then why'd you say it and do it? He may not be the only one to blame, and of course a current teammate like Smart will try to make Kyrie look better than he really is to try and achieve harmony, but Kyrie is nonetheless a major reason the Celtics underachieved in the season and playoffs with his lousy leadership and selfish shot-taking. He still has a lot to learn.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think his time and what happened with the Celtics should hurt his stock but he isn't alone in his attitude. There are a lot of "elite" players in the NBA who are now like that. Probably was around years ago too but you just didn't hear about it as much because they didn't have the 24/7 sports media and internet like we do now.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well his hero was Kobe, so that speaks volumes right there. Kobe wanted Shaq off his team so he could be The Man, just like Kyrie didn't want to co-exist with LeBron. It took awhile for Kobe to lead properly as well; remember him threatening trades in the mid 2000s? Although at least to be fair to Kobe, his team did rather suck after Shaq left and remained so until they got Gasol and some other better pieces, whereas Irving has a better supporting cast in Boston. So Irving's failures seem even worse, but same bad attitude as Kobe had.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I honestly want to see both Kyrie and KD sign with the Knicks and have to deal with that media on the regular ... they could win a ring no doubt, but even if they don't, just seeing their dealings with the media could be extremely entertaining in and of itself.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I honestly want to see both Kyrie and KD sign with the Knicks and have to deal with that media on the regular ... they could win a ring no doubt, but even if they don't, just seeing their dealings with the media could be extremely entertaining in and of itself.

LOL. I totally agree. That would be hilarious.