Welcome to Sports Card Forum

The Ultimate for Everything Sports and Non-Sports Cards

•  » Are you interested in Sports and Non-Sports Cards
  •  » Looking for a tool to track your collections?
  •  » Need addresses to request for Autographs?
  •  » Want to know about Shows coming to your area?

...then you have come to the right place!

Sports Card Forum can do all of this and much more!!!

Register an account for FREE right now!

Or If you are already a Member, Please log in at the Top/Right of this page!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees

Uncovering players who were never featured on a card in a specific uniform

So here's a quest that I recently decided to go on...

The backstory: Rocky Colavito only played for the Yankees for 39 games in 1968. Until 'The Wiz' (an electronics store in NY) put out a series of cards in the 1980s featuring "Yankees of the 1960s" there had never been a card of Rocky Colavito in a Yankees uniform.

Question 1: Do any of you wish you had a card of a specific player in a specific uniform that has never been made?

Question 2: Does anyone know of other players like Colavito where a card of them in Yankee uniform specifically was never made?

I ask because I'd love to "correct" these oversights and for all of us to put a list together and try to pitch Topps on a "Before Topps Traded/Update" insert series, that would put players like Colavito in pinstripes behind a 1968 card design.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Collecting Upper Deck Griffey Jr cards, and all sets of 1990 to current Yankees (specifically Jeter, Bernie, and Mo). Recently got back into TTM and collecting, very appreciative to be a part of this community. I'm a filmmaker, my first feature film can be seen here: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't know of guys who don't have cards for teams they played for but this blog is run by a guy who is an expert on players who are featured on cards for teams they barely played for. So maybe he could help.

http://baseballdimebox.blogspot.com/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings

Greetings:
    I know that you are interested in players who played with the Yankees but don't have a card of them wearing the road greys or the pinstripes. But the Orioles also had a set like that made in the early 90s made up of panels as well the Dodgers had a Target set made up also from the early 90s. What would be a great thing is if Topps made something like that for all the teams now that would be interesting master set to make but you make individual team boxes & included a GUed card of a player from that team or an Autograph as well. But if I were to see a Yankee card of a player it be interesting to see a Dave Kingman or someone who was on there for a few games as well & say wow I didn't know that he had played there show the stats a Yankee as well bio on his time with them.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees

@BSEBALLCOMMISH75 oh yeah, I meant compiling a list of all players for the Topps set, not just Yankees. That's cool that the Dodgers and Orioles had sets like that too! I'll look out for them. And I agree on having GUed and autograph variations, as well.

And, yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about!!!! Dave Kingman, only 8 games in Yankee uniform. It would be cool to see a 1977 Topps style reprint card with Kingman playing in pinstripes.

So far I've found for the Yankees...

Pre-Topps:
    Stan Coveleski, 1928 Yankees, 12 Games HOF
    Burleigh Grimes, 1934 Yankees, 10 Games HOF
    Paul Waner, 1945 Yankees, 1 Game HOF

Topps/Bowman card designs possible:
    Lew Burdette, 1950 Yankees, 2 Games
    Ralph Branca, 1954 Yankees, 5 Games
    Rocky Colavito 1968 Topps, Yankees, 39 Games
    Dave Kingman 1977 Topps, Yankees, 8 Games
    Jesse Orosco, 2003 Yankees, 15 Games
    Rich Hill, 2014 Yankees, 14 Games