Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See allonblack13's Items on eBay

Absolute madness in the graded card world...

At this point I've read multiple threads on multiple sites and this whole thing is absolutely crazy. Sorry if it's been posted elsewhere on here but for those that haven't stumbled across it yet...get ready to go down the rabbit hole.

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1297351

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Tough blow to the graded card world for sure. I would be nervous if I was a high-end collector right now. Hard to trust PWCC at this point, especially when all of this is coming out.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

Ive been following this on HI. There are posts almost daily of new discoveries of trimmed or altered cards graded high through PSA and then sold through PWCC. This is going to hurt the grading companies and consignment companies. I am glad I cant afford the things that are being sold as near mint but are proven to be altered!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

There were a number of altered Cup patches being sold "through" PWCC. Does this new evidence that PWCC was directly involved of the altering of baseball cards also mean they were directly involved in the altering of hockey cards? (sorry, didn't have time to read the whole thread if this was mentioned there)

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

There's one about Trimmed McDavid FWA's. Crazy.

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1295897

There is also another thread on BO regarding BGS Black Labels.
    https://www.blowoutforums.com/showth...1297069&page=4

It's a big read but it's been entertaining to follow along with these threads these past few days.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

There were a number of altered Cup patches being sold "through" PWCC. Does this new evidence that PWCC was directly involved of the altering of baseball cards also mean they were directly involved in the altering of hockey cards? (sorry, didn't have time to read the whole thread if this was mentioned there)

We don't know how deep this really goes. There are a lot of legitament hockey and baseball cards out there, but threads like these (sadly) prove that there is a ton of shadiness in the hobby when it comes to our cards. Before it was just assumption that PWCC have had something to do with it, but the news coming out this week really blows the doors off the whole thing.

While it has to do with baseball cards, I would strongly encourage you guys to read OP's link that he posted. It's been eye opening for me for sure, and there are a lot of experienced members on there who know more about the situation than I do so it's great seeing their perspective on it. A lot of hard work and great detective work when into this by a lot of people to expose this type of fraud.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Again, this is why I have zero interest in obtaining graded cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See allonblack13's Items on eBay

Both the McDavid SPA and Black Label threads are excellent reads as well. The dude who pulled all this stuff together deserves an ESPN 30 for 30.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 111sold's Items on eBay

Okay so if read correctly just the first bit I did not have the time to do the whole thing, PWCC purchased some graded cards. Somewhere between the purchase and the resell "the grade" is increased due to some doctoring.

Question I have is does PSA or Beckett take a lot of responsibility for this. They are grading cards that are trimmed or what each case may be. They should be taking most of the hit. They should know the difference when grading so who is responsible. Money talks with the numbers going in. No wonder they have a backlog in grading.

I have a Gretzky OPC Rookie first Print to go for grading. Couple Gretzky collectors say it should be a 6 and if I am really lucky maybe more. Do I send it? To who?

Not sure who is going to take the blame. I relate it somewhat to cars. Long time ago and probably still happens cars bought in Montreal then Shipped by railcar to western Canada Cities. Somewhere between the 2 destinations the odometers are turned back. Same result. More money on the resale. Also had to make sure warranty is over. So who is responsible? Bill of sale at purchase says 1 reading and bill of sale at the other end is a lot less.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

Both the McDavid SPA and Black Label threads are excellent reads as well. The dude who pulled all this stuff together deserves an ESPN 30 for 30.

Oh for sure. I agree ! I can only imagine how long this took to put together.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast