Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Is it just me, or does it feel like the Pettersson FW is a little low?

These are already BINs under $400

Doesnt that seem low to anyone else for a card thats only been out a week?

For a possible Superstar player .... on a Canadian Team. Its not like were talking about someone on Carolina / Nashville / Minnesota

This guy had more ppg in his rookie year than Auston Matthews ..... with a much worse group around him.

Pettersson - 71 games played
    28 goals
    38 assists
    66 points
    .93 ppg

Matthews - 82 games played
    40 goals
    29 assists
    69 points
    .84 ppg

Didnt Matthews come out closer to the $500 - $600 range? I understand being in Toronto demands more value, also if the majority of your points are goals, it effects the value as well ...

Just to me, it seems like there is a lot of potential in this card, especially with the Canucks turning the corner in the next few years, with the potential of someone not named Edler or Hutton quarterbacking their powerplay, like they had last year.

Dont get me started in the potential of Boeser, for the same reason above .... and he gets to play with Petty
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Leafs and Oilers cards carry way more value than Nucks, Sens, Flames right now. I think that's all it is. I don't think it's a reflection of the player.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Washington Capitals Washington Capitals Washington Capitals
    See capsfan30's Items on eBay

If I were you, I'd buy as many as possible, because when the Nucks finally get their "S" together, they are going to up up up.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Grabbed one for $335 after the 10x eBay bucks

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Mackinnon was at $250 USD Max on release day. So no I don't think its low.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mackinnon was at $250 USD Max on release day. So no I don't think its low.

The game has changed in SPA after the McDavid year. The price for the "Top End" talent seems to be much higher than the 06/07 - 14/15 era.

Big players from the earlier years of SPA ( excluding Crosby and Ovechkin ) all for some reason are in a lower tier. Malkin / Toews / Kane / Price / Stamkos / Tavares / MacKinnon / Pastrnak / Draisaitl ..... all compared to the 15/16 or newer crop seem to be low.

In no sane world should Marner be more expensive than anyone listed above, but he is. In no sane world should Matthews be 3x + more than everyone on this list, but he is. I dont think either will ever lead the League in Points, maybe one Richard trophy for Matthews in his career? I understand the Toronto hype behind it, but thats a lot of money for a 2nd line winger that got his points bumped by 25-30 this year because he played with a proven elite forward and a center that wont eclipse the 90 point mark during his career too often
    Last edited by canucksfan007; 06-08-2019 at 01:01 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think all Future Watch auto's are low....

I got a JT Compher FW auto..... Then again they're what /999

You know who gets zero respect? Alex DeBrincat.... Yeah I get it he was a 2nd round pick but he also put up 40+ goals this year..... What does he need to do to break 60 on his YG or other rookes? score 60?

Another dude is Panarin - his cards are worth little to nothing.... Yeah, you have his SP Game Used RC? but his Young Guns gets no respect at all - I mean at least compared to some of the other "young guns".... It's like if you're not Kane or Toews and you play for the Hawks - you're worth 1/3rd of what another player would be worth if you put up half their numbers ...

Watch Schmaltz and Hinostroza's YG's skyrocket if they put up .70 ppg next season...... What is Hjalmarsson's YG worth? $5.00 lol...

Then you got a guy like Rasmus Dalhin - I almost paid $350.00 for his true SPGU rookie card - and it had a little bit of damage to it..... At least I got Svechnikov's (/37) "true" SPGU RC (you know the terrible one that plays for Detroit, lol) ... I'm just messing around I HOPE he will be a great player because if he is that /37 will hold it;s weight in silver...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See EmpireHockey's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It’s all about demand. There is just less demand for these cards.

I wish demand was logical, but it is not; nor is it totally predictable.

If it helps, there is a greater probability that the value of these cards will fall than rise. There are more players that will fall out of the league than rise to the top.

Just look back at 2005-06 season with the double rookie group. There was so much potential and the only cards that have maintained their value or risen are Ovechkin and Crosby. That’s about it.

Each year, only 1 to 3 players become special. The rest become mush less in value.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You know who gets zero respect? Alex DeBrincat.... Yeah I get it he was a 2nd round pick but he also put up 40+ goals this year..... What does he need to do to break 60 on his YG or other rookes? score 60?

Another dude is Panarin - his cards are worth little to nothing.... Yeah, you have his SP Game Used RC? but his Young Guns gets no respect at all - I mean at least compared to some of the other "young guns".... It's like if you're not Kane or Toews and you play for the Hawks - you're worth 1/3rd of what another player would be worth if you put up half their numbers ...

Watch Schmaltz and Hinostroza's YG's skyrocket if they put up .70 ppg next season...... What is Hjalmarsson's YG worth? $5.00 lol...

Then you got a guy like Rasmus Dalhin - I almost paid $350.00 for his true SPGU rookie card - and it had a little bit of damage to it..... At least I got Svechnikov's (/37) "true" SPGU RC (you know the terrible one that plays for Detroit, lol) ... I'm just messing around I HOPE he will be a great player because if he is that /37 will hold it;s weight in silver...

The reason why most of the YGs wont move much in value is because of epack. All you have to do is look at the BGS 9 - 9.5 numbers for any Star from 05/06 - 13/14, and compare them with any Star from 15/16 - Present. Havent checked the exact numbers but there is something like 4-5X more BGS 9.5 McDavid or Matthews YGs over Crosby.

If we speculate Crosby had 10,000 pack pulled YGs ...... I would speculate there is over double that for any 15/16 - Present YG, making them near impossible to rise much. Sure, you can have guy that go from like $1 - $3 as a common to a $7 - $12 card ..... but someone like Debrincat will never go from $15 to $50 .... maybe $5 - $10 increase but its just not there.

On the other hand, Debrincat FW are low if you find them for sale, been grabbing them in the $75 CAD range ....

I can see Debrincat
    - Young Guns maybe going to about $25 max
    - SP Authentic FW prob has a little more room for significant up arrows

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

These are already BINs under $400

Doesnt that seem low to anyone else for a card thats only been out a week?

For a possible Superstar player .... on a Canadian Team. Its not like were talking about someone on Carolina / Nashville / Minnesota

This guy had more ppg in his rookie year than Auston Matthews ..... with a much worse group around him.

Pettersson - 71 games played
    28 goals
    38 assists
    66 points
    .93 ppg

Matthews - 82 games played
    40 goals
    29 assists
    69 points
    .84 ppg

Didnt Matthews come out closer to the $500 - $600 range? I understand being in Toronto demands more value, also if the majority of your points are goals, it effects the value as well ...

Just to me, it seems like there is a lot of potential in this card, especially with the Canucks turning the corner in the next few years, with the potential of someone not named Edler or Hutton quarterbacking their powerplay, like they had last year.

Dont get me started in the potential of Boeser, for the same reason above .... and he gets to play with Petty

It's basically Leafs vs Canucks, and mega-hype of a "generational talent" (which I do think overstates Matthews, that term is thrown around too much) vs a 1st round pick that had a great season.

Supply & Demand. Europeans, not as popular as North Americans. Defense is the least popular position. Panarin would have to put up Kucherov type numbers to get wide-scale hobby love. Dalhin will have to be the second comming of Nik Lidstrom.

Compher, DeBrincat, etc, etc: They're not Superstars. Nobody outside of their markets care..... and their markets (relative, for hockey cards) aren't that big.

It’s all about demand. There is just less demand for these cards.

I wish demand was logical, but it is not; nor is it totally predictable.

If it helps, there is a greater probability that the value of these cards will fall than rise. There are more players that will fall out of the league than rise to the top.

Just look back at 2005-06 season with the double rookie group. There was so much potential and the only cards that have maintained their value or risen are Ovechkin and Crosby. That’s about it.

Each year, only 1 to 3 players become special. The rest become mush less in value.

Bang on. Demand is not always logical. Popularity dives card prices, and actual on-ice success is only part of that.

1 to 3 players per year being special? That's probably an overstatement. A quick look at the last 16 Calder winners, there's 5 in that group that are actually special, at least IMO. This year is not going to add to that total. Most of them are very good players, but how many people are chasing Huberdeau, Ekblad, Barzal, or Landeskog?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast