Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Exclamation Pelicans Agree To Trade Anthony Davis To Lakers

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/06/...to-lakers.html

The Pelicans have reached an agreement to trade All-Star big man Anthony Davis to the Lakers for guards Lonzo Ball and Josh Hart, forward Brandon Ingram and three first-round picks, including the No. 4 overall pick in this year’s draft, Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN tweets.

The Lakers immediately become championship contenders with Davis joining forces with LeBron James. Davis’ agent Rich Paul, also James’ agent, had tried to steer trade talks toward the Lakers over the winter after Davis’ desire to be traded was made public. But Davis didn’t get his wish at the time.

Paul and Davis recently met with the Pelicans’ new top executive, David Griffin, who tried to convince Davis to rescind his trade request. Davis declined and expressed his desire to play long-term for either the Lakers or Knicks.

GM Rob Pelinka, who has been under fire after criticism from former Lakers president Magic Johnson, pulled off a major coup by winning the Davis sweepstakes over the Knicks and Celtics, among others. Los Angeles gave up plenty in the deal but didn’t have to include another talented big man, Kyle Kuzma.

Davis could sign an extension with the Lakers but still intends to test free agency next summer, Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports tweets.

The Lakers will have either $27.8MM or $32.5MM in cap room after the deal to pursue a high-level free agent, depending upon timing and Davis’ willingness to waive his $4MM trade bonus, ESPN salary cap expert Bobby Marks tweets.

The trade cannot be officially finalized until after the new league year begins in July. It may be even be completed as late as July 30 — newly-drafted players can be traded immediately without signing a rookie scale contract, but if they sign that contract, they aren’t eligible to be dealt for 30 days. Waiting those 30 days would be advantageous to the Lakers for cap-related reasons, as Marks notes (via Twitter).

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

Ok - I'm going to show my overall lack of knowledge of the NBA CBA... I don't understand difference on the Cap hit for Davis this season.

However, this appears to be a franchise altering deal for the Pelicans as they probably can trade that #4 pick for a bunch more assets. I get this from the Lakers standpoint as they need to start winning now BUT this is something that they will probably regret when Lebron leaves in 3 years.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Finally some good news for my team. This trade will help both teams. Lonzo cant shoot and his father is a distraction plus he is injury prone. I liked Ingram but he is a restricted Free Agent next summer and will want to get paid, plus his blood clot in shoulder is a health scare for his career. Josh Hart is a solid bench player that will be missed. The #4 pick was something Lakers was lucky to get and there are really only 3 main top rookies for next Thursday's draft. The 2 future first round picks will be low picks in the late 20s so not that big of a loss. At least Lakers kept Kuzma who was my favorite player out of the young Lakers core. Getting Davis now gives Lakers about $27-$32 million in cap space for July 1st so they can still sign a max top free agent (Im guessing Kemba or Kyrie) if they will take a little less than max to form new super team.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

So they finally got it done, and were able to hold onto Kuzma. This should certainly make them more competitive next season. I'm guessing the Pelicans' winning of the lottery and guarantee of Zion made this a lot easier to do.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Pelicans got a ton for Davis!!!!! Not bad for a guy who wasn't gonna re-sign with the team anyways. Between the 3 players they received and the 1st round picks they got a total of 6 1st rounders for Davis. Pelicans had some options before with the #1 pick. Things look even brighter adding what they did. Pelicans are in a good spot cap wise, tons of future picks, and have even more options if would want to trade #4 pick or PG away. Will include info below about when they get the picks.

Lakers have two of the top players in the league now. Main thing Lakers did right in this trade is not trading away Kuzma or taking back extra money(Hill) in the deal. Davis is an absolute stud but I have always been worried about his health. He has averaged playing 66 games a year in his career. Even if you take this last year out when he only played 56 games, he has only averaged playing 68 games a year on average. Lakers will be favored or in top few to win a championship. Will all depend who they add onto the James/Davis show. First concern for me is health, next would be depth.

The Pelicans will get the No. 4 pick in this week’s draft. They’ll get the Lakers’ first-rounder in 2021 if it’s in the top eight. If it isn’t, the Pelicans will get an unprotected first-rounder in 2022. The Pelicans will have the right to swap picks with the Lakers in 2023. The Pelicans will also get an unprotected first round pick in 2024, with a right to defer to 2025.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Finally some good news for my team. This trade will help both teams. Lonzo cant shoot and his father is a distraction plus he is injury prone. I liked Ingram but he is a restricted Free Agent next summer and will want to get paid, plus his blood clot in shoulder is a health scare for his career. Josh Hart is a solid bench player that will be missed. The #4 pick was something Lakers was lucky to get and there are really only 3 main top rookies for next Thursday's draft. The 2 future first round picks will be low picks in the late 20s so not that big of a loss. At least Lakers kept Kuzma who was my favorite player out of the young Lakers core. Getting Davis now gives Lakers about $27-$32 million in cap space for July 1st so they can still sign a max top free agent (Im guessing Kemba or Kyrie) if they will take a little less than max to form new super team.

Davis has a trade kicker of something like $4.6 million so once the trade goes down it will take the Lakers to around $23.6 million in cap space

SCF Rewards
    Country

So they finally got it done, and were able to hold onto Kuzma. This should certainly make them more competitive next season. I'm guessing the Pelicans' winning of the lottery and guarantee of Zion made this a lot easier to do.

I would bet that Vegas gives the Lakers serious odds to win the NBA championship next year. Don't know where all the free agents will land but right now with the Warriors decimated the Lakers could be considered the favorite in the West and one of the best teams in basketball already.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The haul continues for the Pelicans (direct trade with Lakers and with trading #4 pick)

So far for Davis they get

Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, 1st rounder Jaxson Hayes, 1st round Nickeil Alexander-Walker, 2nd rounder Marcos Louzada Silva, all the future 1st rounders mentioned in above post and also traded Hill's salary away.