Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

eBay feedback ratings no longer mean anything!

eBay seems to no longer care about negative feedback! Here is the story...

I was the lucky winner on an auction... some sort of Nugent-Hopkins card to add to my rebels collection. It was #/3 and won for $0.99. The buyer (100 kms away) jumped shipping up to $15 in the invoice (different from what was stated in the auction). I asked the seller if they could reduce the shipping. After a little bit of time the response from the seller was that they had accidentally sold the card already (hmmmmm). I am not one to leave negative feedback, but my finger was hovering above the neutral feedback button.

Then I looked at the sellers feedback

Shocking.jpg

How the hell is this seller still active?! Multiple accounts have had recent problems with this seller.

I wish I hadn't been the nice guy and held off on neutral feedback.

Have you seen this before? How many negatives before you get banned?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

That is pretty crazy. Was his feedback that low when you bid on the item?

I buy and sell casually on eBay. You can filter your settings when selling. I require a PayPal account, think maybe one strike in like a 6 month or year period, etc. Am sure I cut back on more potential buyers but with my filters I have never had a problem receiving payment. As a buyer I always check the sellers feedback before I bid on anything. I just look at the percentage and number of feedback left. I get hesitant of buying from someone who is under the high 98% area or those that haven't sold many items yet. If it is a cheaper item like you have shown the cost of that is worth the risk. Just if that rating was at 83% I would have steered clear from the get go.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Wow. For a guy with that little feedback built up, and to have that many negatives in a short time should be the kiss of death for his privileges. Report that guy ASAP - he may just be under the radar because he's not a high volume seller, but that's absurd.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Sorry to hear about your luck with this seller. If they are not like 99 percent favorable I just move on. 83 percent is a warning of course not sure if This wasposted after or before you bid.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

I'll reach out to my contact at eBay on this one.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

That is probably why you won the card for 99 cents!
    This frustrates me as a seller. I got banned for 6 months years ago because someone left me 9 negatives that were unjustified. That was a long story, but basically I refunded them cuz Canada Post lost the package. They still left negatives. Ebay sided with the buyer. Now this seller has sooo many negatives and are still active!
    Hopefully Scott can get in touch with his contact. Problem is, there is nothing stopping the seller from setting up another account to start selling again.