Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thorni2's Items on eBay

Should be awesome product to crack.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Looks like a super set to me. Always been a fan of UD

SCF Rewards
    Country

Love the look of the new YGs!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Love the look of the new YGs!

They're going to look even better once they are printed with the foil, etc. Should be sweet!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I really-really-really-really-really-really wish/demand Upper Deck gets rid of the Portrait cards... EVERY collector I have talked to literally HATE the portraits -- they're hot garbage and they're worth pretty much nothing.. No one wants them at all..... I bought a box of 2015 UD S2 hoping to pull an Eichel or McDavid Canvas, what did I pull? oh I pulled an Eichel all right - I pulled the Portrait -- damn thing isnt worth anything ...

I kinda feel the same way about the Shining Stars as well, I mean Shining Stars would be a cool subset if they were introduced like every 5 years, or maybe if they were serial numbered or far more rarer than they are.... Perhaps limit them to the players jersey number like SP Game Used base cards, or even if Shining Stars were auto's, that would be pretty cool.... Yea, I know they have the blue versions of Shining Stars but no one cares..

And the same goes for Portraits, if they were autographed and serial numbered that would be cool... I know they have "gold" versions but again, few care.

I mean the only Shining Stars I enjoy, are the ones of retired players - otherwise they're boring.

Upper Deck needs to come out with new insert sets, as a matter of fact Upper Deck should let hockey collectors work with them and listen to their suggestions, because collectors know what they want and they certainly don't want Portraits and Shining Stars..

I mean the only reason why I buy Upper Deck is for the Young Guns, most of the other inserts are garbage ...... I mean I suppose I like the Canvas, but other than the Young Guns and the Canvas there isn't much there for me to get psyched about..... Not even the Game Jerseys..

But you know what? you know what brand/manufacturer gets it right and has awesome cards? IN THE GAME, I have no idea why some collectors hate ITG -- they have some real cool cards, especially memorabilia cards.... Upper Deck should start paying attention to ITG instead of making most of their nonsense... I mean UD does have a couple of sets like like, but the only set that blows me away is SPGU.....

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

i liked 15-16 UD Portraits and the parallels from that. I thought that year was well done.

And I agree. Maybe not a complete overhual of S1/S2, but it would be interesting to see what one of the the staple Upper Deck products would look like if they keep the good stuff (UD Game Jerseys, YG's, Canvas, etc) and created new subsets to chase. Would be very interesting.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Looks nice! The 30 Years of UD cards should be cool. I'm sure some will be quite the hit!

Nice of UD to mix it up with the UD Game Jersey design once again. Looks super nice!

I like the "30 years of Upper Deck" concept, UD should do the entire base set that way as inserts, and the older the year the rarer the card is....

For example:

1990-91 UD design Auston Matthews /10
    1991-92 UD design Auston Matthews /15
    1992-93 UD design Auston Matthews /20
    1993-94 UD design Auston Matthews /25
    1993-94 UD SP design Auston Matthews /10
    1993-94 UD SP Diecut design Auston Matthews Auto /5
    1994-95 UD design Auston Matthews /30

And so on and so on......... Heck, you could even do a canvas version for each of the year designs and make them 1/1

Of course they could do the 16-17 UD Young Gun design Auston Matthews with a different photo, and perhaps have the regular "insert version" maybe limited to /100 and a version that is autographed limited to maybe /33

IMO, if Upper Deck did it like that these cards would be really collectible, and I think collectors, especially us older collectors that grew up collecting those older Upper Deck cards would love them..

Imagine pulling a 1993-94 UD SP Die Cut design of Auston Matthews auto 5/5, yea that would be a mega hit right there..

That would be cool, really cool..

And they should do that for every card/player in the base set - including young guns - and maybe randomly insert (2) of "The 30 years of Upper Deck" cards per box...

It would be a hell of a lot more fun than just looking for Young Guns and finding the occasional Canvas, Shining Stars, Portraits, Game Jerseys etc.....Especially if you got 2 per box...

If UD did something like that I would bet anything sales would go through the roof .... Because it would be a blast pulling cards like that ......It would be fun pulling a 1990-91 Connor McDavid /10 or any current player from the UD "retro" designs from the last 30 years..

Man Upper Deck should really hire me, because I have a lot of creative ideas for card sets and designs.... I do have a background in marketing and design, I am a hockey fan and a collector. lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i liked 15-16 UD Portraits and the parallels from that. I thought that year was well done.

And I agree. Maybe not a complete overhual of S1/S2, but it would be interesting to see what one of the the staple Upper Deck products would look like if they keep the good stuff (UD Game Jerseys, YG's, Canvas, etc) and created new subsets to chase. Would be very interesting.

I agree, it's just the Portraits just become so common it gets tiring... I mean you already know you're going to get some portraits if you buy a box - even a blaster box... I mean I buy UD for the Young Guns and the Canvas' and hopefully a Canvas Young Gun, lol....

I mean UD could at least serial number the Portraits and Shining Stars, that or randomly insert autographed versions - that would make it a bit more exciting.

I just wish UD would mix it up a bit and at least drop one insert set and replace it was something new every year - or rotate insert sets...... Like in my last post in this thread I proposed a really cool insert set for the "30 Years of Upper Deck".... I think if they followed my idea collectors would love it, if they did that I would buy a ton of it..

I mean I'm not totally opposed to Portraits or Shining Stars, I just want to get some bang for my buck, and I usually buy 20-30 blasters every year, tons of fat packs and some hobby and retail boxes when I can get my hands on them at a reasonable price, so I end up with tons and tons of Shining Stars and Portraits....... And the funny part is if you look at the odds on the back of the pack UD makes it seem as if Portraits and Shining stars are somehow rare like 1:24 packs or something like that, lol.... Like "Blue Shining Stars" 1:124 packs or something weird like that.... Yeah, no I don't think so.... Last summer I pulled (3) blue Shining Stars out of 5 blaster boxes - and they were ALL Brent Seabrook believe it or not.....

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

I like the "30 years of Upper Deck" concept, UD should do the entire base set that way as inserts, and the older the year the rarer the card is....

For example:

1990-91 UD design Auston Matthews /10
    1991-92 UD design Auston Matthews /15
    1992-93 UD design Auston Matthews /20
    1993-94 UD design Auston Matthews /25
    1993-94 UD SP design Auston Matthews /10
    1993-94 UD SP Diecut design Auston Matthews Auto /5
    1994-95 UD design Auston Matthews /30

And so on and so on......... Heck, you could even do a canvas version for each of the year designs and make them 1/1

Of course they could do the 16-17 UD Young Gun design Auston Matthews with a different photo, and perhaps have the regular "insert version" maybe limited to /100 and a version that is autographed limited to maybe /33

IMO, if Upper Deck did it like that these cards would be really collectible, and I think collectors, especially us older collectors that grew up collecting those older Upper Deck cards would love them..

Imagine pulling a 1993-94 UD SP Die Cut design of Auston Matthews auto 5/5, yea that would be a mega hit right there..

That would be cool, really cool..

And they should do that for every card/player in the base set - including young guns - and maybe randomly insert (2) of "The 30 years of Upper Deck" cards per box...

It would be a hell of a lot more fun than just looking for Young Guns and finding the occasional Canvas, Shining Stars, Portraits, Game Jerseys etc.....Especially if you got 2 per box...

If UD did something like that I would bet anything sales would go through the roof .... Because it would be a blast pulling cards like that ......It would be fun pulling a 1990-91 Connor McDavid /10 or any current player from the UD "retro" designs from the last 30 years..

Man Upper Deck should really hire me, because I have a lot of creative ideas for card sets and designs.... I do have a background in marketing and design, I am a hockey fan and a collector. lol.

I like your concept for those throwback cards. Numbered or not, I feel like making those types of cards as rare as a case hit would be really cool. Canvas throwback cards like that is also a sweet idea that could also produce some great cards. It would also bring back value to cards even if they aren't autographed or have a crazy patch attached to it. Nothing against those cards at all, but seeing value in inserts is nice, too.

It's going to be interesting to see how UD's 30th anniversary cards is S1 will be received. I do like that idea and I wish UD would put more into thise product instead of "yet another" UD S1/S2 release.

I hope their 30 Years Of Upper Deck ideas that they had to think about spills over into future releases to provide some new content in those products.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

I really-really-really-really-really-really wish/demand Upper Deck gets rid of the Portrait cards... EVERY collector I have talked to literally HATE the portraits -- they're hot garbage and they're worth pretty much nothing.. No one wants them at all..... I bought a box of 2015 UD S2 hoping to pull an Eichel or McDavid Canvas, what did I pull? oh I pulled an Eichel all right - I pulled the Portrait -- damn thing isnt worth anything ...

I kinda feel the same way about the Shining Stars as well, I mean Shining Stars would be a cool subset if they were introduced like every 5 years, or maybe if they were serial numbered or far more rarer than they are.... Perhaps limit them to the players jersey number like SP Game Used base cards, or even if Shining Stars were auto's, that would be pretty cool.... Yea, I know they have the blue versions of Shining Stars but no one cares..

And the same goes for Portraits, if they were autographed and serial numbered that would be cool... I know they have "gold" versions but again, few care.

I mean the only Shining Stars I enjoy, are the ones of retired players - otherwise they're boring.

Upper Deck needs to come out with new insert sets, as a matter of fact Upper Deck should let hockey collectors work with them and listen to their suggestions, because collectors know what they want and they certainly don't want Portraits and Shining Stars..

I mean the only reason why I buy Upper Deck is for the Young Guns, most of the other inserts are garbage ...... I mean I suppose I like the Canvas, but other than the Young Guns and the Canvas there isn't much there for me to get psyched about..... Not even the Game Jerseys..

But you know what? you know what brand/manufacturer gets it right and has awesome cards? IN THE GAME, I have no idea why some collectors hate ITG -- they have some real cool cards, especially memorabilia cards.... Upper Deck should start paying attention to ITG instead of making most of their nonsense... I mean UD does have a couple of sets like like, but the only set that blows me away is SPGU.....

I don't know about everyone who says they hate ITG, but I personally am not a fan of these cards because I consider them to be an illegal product. They are not licensed by the NHL/NHLPA. I honestly feel dirty owning them. That's just me. If they ever get a license with the NHL/NHLPA, you can bet I will be collecting them.

Getting back to the original point of this thread, Upper Deck is Upper Deck. I see nothing special about this set. I'll get excited when the 2019-20 SP Authentic comes out and I find out which, if any, Golden Knights or Maple Leafs RCs are in the set.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast