Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

found some game used pucks at goodwill, help with value please.

Any hockey collectors know what kind of value these pucks have? I found them at goodwill today. They appear to be game used! Too bad goodwill plastered their dang price tag over the most important one! Couldn’t find much info on Zach Griffey.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

What makes you think these are game used pucks? I most assuredly see 4 used souvenir level pucks ($1-$3). The Chicago puck is close... but not a gamer.

also, Zach Griffey has never played hockey beyond a Midget AAA level (according to HockeyDB).

Price tags are best removed with hot water, a good soak, and an old tooth brush.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don’t know anything about hockey just wishful thinking based on the Zach Griffey puck. Did some minor research and found that the Phoenix Coyotes didn’t even play a game on the date on the puck and Zach Griffey appears to be a fireman in the town that I bought these pucks at goodwill. So I basically wasted $4.00 but I probably had $4.00 worth of fun trying to figure out where these cane from.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

On the bright side you now have four pucks that you can try to get signed...maybe pass on that Griffey though. LOL
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

On the bright side you now have four pucks that you can try to get signed...maybe pass on that Griffey though. LOL

Yeah I thought about picking up a copy of the mighty ducks on vhs and somehow use that and the puck in a shadow box display over the TV in my man cave we’ll I’ll make use of them somehow or I may end up giving them back to goodwill at some point.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I used to work for Goodwill, they have soooo much awesome stuff...... I have bought so many cards from them it's insane, not only cards but jerseys as well - unique hockey and baseball jerseys...

(I don't work there anymore, and haven't for a long time) but in my recent visit I purchased a bunch of 800 count boxes stuffed with stars, not only that but a couple of vintage (76-80) 800 card boxes for 5 bucks each.....

Goodwill is fantastic..... There is always something interesting there ... I mean I got an authentic Reebok Bobby Hull jersey, never worn for 15 bucks, and that is just the beginning.... I have like 100+ jerseys now which I have purchased for little to nothing.....

But yea...... They have cards too...

I remember one time someone donated 250,000 cards... Just an entire pallet of cards - most was junk but..... I would have bought them all but as an employee you had to wait until the cards hit the floor - and these clowns knew nothing about cards...

At the same time Goodwill's ignorance goes beyond bounds....... They destroy a ton of stuff, clothing for example - like perfectly good jerseys and when I worked there I saved MANY MANY MANY items from Jerseys to Cards that were going in the trash, and you know what? I wasn't even allowed to buy them - nope....

I could go on forever....... Kinda insane... You think if you rescue a jersey that was bound for the trash you could buy it???? NOPE.....

SCF Rewards
    Country

And let me add this - Goodwill is more of a business than a charity......

I mean I would offer to buy stuff that they were in the process of chucking in the trash and they wouldn't sell it to me... Now what type of charity would do that??

It's a goldmine for interesting stuff including cards, jerseys and other sports items including shoes and such - but if you work there - buying items "they don't like" is almost impossible....

I've seen so much perfectly good sports related stuff get tossed it's amazing...

Look for Halloween, they had tons of goalie masks for 10 bucks each, I had to buy them all because they were going to trash them - they got several pairs of pads which they tossed in the garbage ..... It pissed me off ... They literally tossed perfectly good goalie pads in the garbage .... And it's not like it was a dumpster - it was a compactor ....

Now I'm mad thinking about it......

SCF Rewards
    Country

I love goodwill for sure I’ve been buying jerseys there since I was in high school and started selling champion basketball jerseys on eBay and have made over $1000 on them this year. I bought most of them for 50 cents each back in the early 2000s and many of them are going for $50 -$100 on eBay! And ones that don’t sell I like having anyway. I’ve gotten so many pennants and starting lineup figures and other random sports stuff I have to sell it cause I’m running out of storage space, but I can’t pass it up when it’s for sale so cheap. I don’t come across cards very often though.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kdmm0's Items on eBay

The Chicago puck is an official game puck but probably never used in a game. Inglasco has game pucks for sale. Same as used in the games. I have about 3000 pucks and I do have that one. Brand new they ran from 10.00 to 12.00 at that time.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Chicago puck is an official game puck but probably never used in a game. Inglasco has game pucks for sale. Same as used in the games. I have about 3000 pucks and I do have that one. Brand new they ran from 10.00 to 12.00 at that time.

Thanks for the info. I think they're cool even though I'm not a hockey collector, so I'll find a use for them I'm sure.