Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Westbrook traded for Chris Paul

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...s-rockets-paul

Gonna miss him. Not changing my username -- I think I'll always be a fan.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Don't really see how that is going to work in Houston but they have a much better chance to win a championship with RW than they did with Paul
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Win/win for both teams

Westbrook is an upgrade over Paul at this point. It will all come down to the supporting cast and who they can afford.

OKC is moving towards the tanking stage. Best case scenario is they can get someone to bite on Paul's ridiculous contract if not real soon than hopefully next year. At worst they will have to eat the contract and get some 1st round picks from it. OKC picked up Gallinari in a trade before this and he has an expiring contract. Be interesting to see if they let him play out this year or use him as a rental and trade him before the deadline for more picks. OKC had the highest payroll before these trades and weren't getting anywhere. At least now they are loading up on draft picks and swaps in the future. I just don't see Paul staying with the Thunder. See the GM work his magic and try to trade him off quick.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

One of the interesting things to observe will be how he meshes with Harden. Their games have dramatically evolved, to say the least, since they were last teammates in 2012. Back then, Harden took more of a background and facilitating role (hard to imagine now, but I remember these days, lol) while Westbrook essentially played two-guard. There is no way they can both be ball-dominant at the same time, so I wonder who will end up deferring more. I think Westbrook is breaking down more quickly than Harden, but he's so stubborn that it's hard to think he'll suddenly play more "laid back." This does have the potential to go very badly, but both teams had to do something, so this desperation trade is what we got.

OKC is looking to build around Shai. I presume they won't be on national TV very much next season, but I'll try to keep track of his progress. Other than him, there probably won't be much else fun to watch with them next season.

SCF Rewards
    Country

One of the interesting things to observe will be how he meshes with Harden. Their games have dramatically evolved, to say the least, since they were last teammates in 2012. Back then, Harden took more of a background and facilitating role (hard to imagine now, but I remember these days, lol) while Westbrook essentially played two-guard. There is no way they can both be ball-dominant at the same time, so I wonder who will end up deferring more. I think Westbrook is breaking down more quickly than Harden, but he's so stubborn that it's hard to think he'll suddenly play more "laid back." This does have the potential to go very badly, but both teams had to do something, so this desperation trade is what we got.

OKC is looking to build around Shai. I presume they won't be on national TV very much next season, but I'll try to keep track of his progress. Other than him, there probably won't be much else fun to watch with them next season.

I think Diallo may be fun to watch. His athleticism is crazy.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Their games have dramatically evolved, to say the least, since they were last teammates in 2012.

Mind blown that it was this long ago. Doesn't seem like it was that long ago at all.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Celtics New York Giants
    See sportsseller24's Items on eBay

Stephen Jackson was on a week before the trade, and talked about how Harden and Westbroook should have been build around years ago in OKC, however, management felt more loyalty for Ibaka and Collison at the time. I feel that Harden was determined to move to his own team...I remember watching some games, and the coach had an agreement to let Harden run the team without Westbook or KD in for a certain number of minutes.

With the faster tempo game and D'antoni is a great offensive mind. Interested to see where this goes. I think it was Chris Carter this morning who pointed out that Harden and Westbrook averaged a combined 55-15-15 last year. Something has to give, but that is still a tremendous upside and talent at the guards. Chris Paul and Harden had 0 chemistry together, I love the trade for the Rockets, it turned a lose-lose into a chance to be a top team again!

On a side note-WilyWestbrook. I think you have the view that all OKC fans should have. Russ was difficult at times, and didn't get the job done in the playoffs some years, but he gave everything he could every day for that team, which is rare and awesome to see these days!!