Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Texans Deshaun Watson gets christened in the River Jordan during life changing tour of the Holy Land

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ur-Israel.html

Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson has been baptized in the Jordan River during his first trip to Israel.

The site is significant because, according to the Torah, the Israelites crossed the Jordan River to reach the Promised Land. Jesus of Nazareth was later baptized by John the Baptist in the Jordan River, according to the Bible's New Testament.

The tour was co-sponsored by America's Voices in Israel, which seeks 'to foster greater understanding of Israel in the United States, by reaching out to high-profile personalities and opinion leaders,' according to the organization's website.

'It is simply overwhelming,' Watson said in a press release. 'To be baptized in the waters of the Jordan River, to sail on the Sea of the Galilee, and visit one of the first towns where Jesus preached his Gospel — I am truly in awe of this wonderful land and the wonderful people who live here.'

The organization has been bringing African-American and Hispanic celebrities on missions to Israel in order to combat negative perceptions about the Jewish state.

Watson began the tour earlier last week, visiting Jerusalem and the Old City before moving on to the northern part of the country to see the Sea of Galilee and the Mount of Beatitudes.

After touring the village of Capernaum, Watson traveled south, visiting Yardenit Baptism, where Jesus was said to have been baptized.

It was there that Watson donned a white robe and was baptized in the Jordan River, which flows south into the West Bank and into the Dead Sea.

A video posted to Facebook showed Watson's baptism.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

THIS is what I'm talking about! Thanks so much for sharing this pwaldo as it's not something I saw covered by the main stream national media and is a magnificent story and look into Deshaun's life and beliefs; fantastic!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See redraiderdc8's Items on eBay

I went to Israel in 2017. It is as life changing as this article says. The key is to find a tour/group that doesn't just hit up the tourist traps for brief photo ops. If this is something you're thinking about doing, shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to share my experience. You won't regret taking that trip. Guaranteed.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Chicago Bears Chicago White Sox Illinois Fighting Illini
    See hoot517's Items on eBay

This is my (I'm the one without a shirt) picture after being baptized in the Jordan River. You can see the country of Jordan right on the other side. The river is not very wide at all. That is a great story about DeShaun. It is indeed life changing. One of the happiest moments in my life and knowing that my wife, sisters, and brothers-in law would be joining me in the kingdom of heaven.
    My website is: Hidden Content
    I collect Aaron Rowand, Bears, Illini and White Sox GU, autos or cool cards.
    If you ever see these 2 cards, I will give out a finders fee and I am willing to buy! 2002 flair collection(#/50): 104 Javon Walker, 124 Rohan Davey. PM me for fastest results.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

GREAT posts RedRaiderDC8 and Hooters517!

I spent time in Israel and the surrounding nations many years ago and remember it very fondly!