Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Today is going to be:

Syl Apps (C) - Solid point per game career, but won't stack up to the greats in this position.

Tommy Dunderdale (C) - No NHL Experience.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Today, I reject George McNamara and George Richardson - Neither had any NHL experience

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

Ebbie Goodfellow C,D Fourteen year NHL career in the 1920's-30's netted 324 career points, does not match up against several other centers in the HOF

Frank Fredrickson C- Five year NHL career in the 1920's, 73 total points gets him kicked
    Last edited by jsokol1626; 08-19-2019 at 12:05 PM.
    I trade by BV so please don't reference EBAY.

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cutting down the list of D men , today I remove

Sprague Cleghorn D Played 289 games in the NHL, the first took place 100 years ago. One of hockey's first offensive defense men, his physical style of play resulted in two assault charges and he was nearly banned from the NHL. Retired with the second most goals by a defense man. Removed because his violent style of play was harshly criticized during his career.
    Sylvio Mantha D 140 points during a 14 year NHL career in the 1920's and 30's. Ten points a season are well below the modern standard for outstanding defenders.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Today I'm going to eliminate:

Roy Worters (G) - Impressive 13-year career, won a Hart and Vezina, but I can't consider him the best at his position due to the era he played in.

Johnny Bower (G) - Great ambassator for the game, huge respect for him especially as a lifelong Leafs fan myself, but I can't put him at the best at his position with so many other great goalies still up there on the list also.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

will work on the updates tonight after workday

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I just did a big update...

I'm eliminating:

Frederick Whitcroft: No NHL games. Bye!

Shorty Green: 103 NHL games, and fewer than 130 professional games. Scored the first goal in MSG history, but also helped trigger the loss of the NHL in Hamilton.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cooney Weiland C Was only named to one all star team during his 12 year career. Was a member of 2 Stanley Cup Champs but only contributed 2 goals in those 17 playoff games. No other awards were earned.

Dick Irvin C - A hockey pioneer from the early 20th Century, said to be one of the best of his era. His career ended in the early days of the NHL and he appeared in only 94 games.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

It's awesome how much hockey history I'm learning throught this thread. Awesome!

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's awesome how much hockey history I'm learning throught this thread. Awesome!

I agree. I wish there was more film available from the very early years. If you're interested here's a pretty good series

https://www.nhl.com/video/ep-1-the-f...250/c-54930003

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast