Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards

Stoudamire beats out Yao Ming for Rookie of Year

Although it's not official, ESPN is reporting that the Phoenix Suns press media has leaked word that Amare got the ROY award.

And deservedly so, I might add.

He's more advanced at his age than either Kobe or KG when they both came out.

wow!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

If he did win it then its the right move. Yao was good this year but if you look at the stats Amare was more dominant than Yao.

Yao was good for the season but he got off to a very slow start. Both players will be very good for years to come.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards

It's scary to think about who's going to compete with Yao once Shaq is gone. 7'6" don't come along too often, esp. the ones who are mobile, can shoot, and defend. Not the Shawn Bradley / Manute Bol ones, lol

See cfa10123's Items on eBay

Great! I'm glad Amare most likely will get it. Yao was pure hype. He's a good basketball player, but he lacks what it takes to take a team like the Rockets to the NBA Championships. Amare could take the Suns (though doubtful), because he has that much intensity and is a great basketball player.

Tim

SCF Rewards

In a few years, with Francis and Mobley, Yao could lead them to the Championship...assuming Shaq is gone, and Kobe isn't teamed up with another center like Duncan.

As long as Kobe's got another superstar center...the Lakers will continue to dominate, although they may not always win the title.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

Originally posted by podstock
    It's scary to think about who's going to compete with Yao once Shaq is gone. 7'6" don't come along too often, esp. the ones who are mobile, can shoot, and defend. Not the Shawn Bradley / Manute Bol ones, lol

No reason to be scared... Yao will never be a powerful 7-6 guy. He'll work a little more inside than someone like a Bradley, but will never be a power center like Shaq... of course Shaq might be the end of power centers.

SCF Rewards
    See radioheadfloyd's Items on eBay

I haven't seen this on ESPN or any websites, anyone have a link?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by radioheadfloyd
    I haven't seen this on ESPN or any websites, anyone have a link?

Check ESPN.com for it. It wasn't official before but now it is.

SCF Rewards

when I posted the thread last night, I did so after watching NBA2Night on ESPN2.

It wasn't "official"; but just that the Phoenix press begin releasing word of it that night.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That is the person that should have won it(AMARE) why because there were 3 players that could have won it, caron, yao, and amare.

all 3 were lottery teams last year..
    houston though was w/o stevie franchise so they were not a true lottery team, so that makes it caron and amare...

as both make good bids to be ROY only one of those guys took made contributions enough to put them in the playoffs and that was Amare.

Congrats Amare Stoudemire for winning ROY, now don't have a soph slump. and beat the spurs which I think you can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast