Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Strange but true

SCF Rewards

Talking Strange but true

Bought a box of "mixed" packs at Toys R Us, for $19.99 you got 20 packs of cards, from UD to Leaf to Playoff, mostly 2000-2003. These boxes come with bonuses, usually anything from a Packer Plaque to tins. One day, we opened one and got what was supposed to be a full set of Box Score 2002 Quarterback Collection, with 30 basic QB cards. When we opened it, we found the following:

(All 2002 Box Score)

2 All Pro Roster Game Worn Jerseys (one was Favre,Smith,Moss, and Rice)

3 QB Extra GU Jerseys

3 Redshirt Freshman Jerseys

2 Miniature Game Worn Jerseys

And about 10 of the QB cards that were supposed to be in the set itself. Easily over $200 in jersey cards somehow in a "set" of QB cards.

Can anyone explain this?

SCF Rewards

I can't explain it...but I am interested in knowing if you're interested in trading

All Pro Roster Game Worn Jerseys - Rice

I assume this is Jerry Rice?

send me a PM

thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country

I wish i could explain it but the only thing that sounds like to me is that it would be a hot box. Those do still happen every so often where they just make the box pure gold. i remember reading about somebody who got a full hobby box of jerseys(one per pack) when there were only supposid to be 4 per box. Those are the things they want to do to keep the collecters interested.

I am sure juding by the name that you will not trade that favre :(.. But o well.. WElcome to the board man and hopefully you have a blast on here. if any of those jerseys happen to be ron dayne please let me know. I would glady trade a packer jersey for one of them i do NOT have and probly two of them if i know that i really need it and that its a harder one to get on ebay.

Jay

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See CaliforniaSoxfan's Items on eBay

I'm also interested in the Jerry Rice Jersey card. Podstock asked first so see what he's got, and if you can't work a deal, check my site and let me know. Thanks

SCF Rewards

Thanks for the warm welcome and replies.

wish i could explain it but the only thing that sounds like to me is that it would be a hot box. Those do still happen every so often where they just make the box pure gold.

I've heard of this as well, but this was a small box "set" of 30 QB cards. We've gotten them before, and it's as it states on the box, 30 QB cards, all starters from that year, nothing else. Which is why we were suprised to find what we did. Had i found these in a normal box of 2002 Box Score then i would understand that we had just gotten a "Hot" box.

The card of your interest is a 4-player Jersey of Brett Favre, Randy Moss, Emmitt Smith, and Jerry Rice, and it's just too sweet of a card to sell or trade, even though it's value (IMO) is quite low. (about $80-$90). I expect upon future retirement of Smith, Rice, and Favre, that value should at least double down the road if not more.

I do have other jersey cards collected from those boxes, anyone interested in a listing just PM me, I'm currently looking for Packer auto's. Thanks again for the welcome, hope i learn a few things from the pros.

PS- prophet i'm originally from WI, big win for Bucky last week ;)