Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards

Question Where Will Spurrier Coach Next

I think everyone and their brother know's Spurriers reign as the Redskins head coach is going to end either this year, or next, so where do you think he'll end up next? The obvious favorites right now have gotta be Penn State and Florida State, with their Hall of Fame coaches ending their careers soon. And Oklahoma is another with Bob Stoops getting a lot of offers from the NFL. Tennessee and Texas are probably going to let their coaches go as well soon. Central Florida is in a bigger confrence now, and we all know he loves Florida. And, U of Florida(his old school) really hates Zook, i wonder if he'd go back?

SCF Rewards

I don't see why Spurrier can't go back to Florida, even if Zook has the Gators doing fairly well these past few games;

Spurrier's a BIG TIME failure at the pros.

He came in with lots of bragging, talking about how he's going to work 9-5, and making fun of Gruden for working from 7am to 3 am...

now he's eating his own words

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jimmy-the-saintpsu's Items on eBay

He's the same type of coach as Rick Pitino. Great in college, bad in the pros.

He's not coming to Penn State. I know that much. His offense is too different from "Penn State" football. He wouldn't be popular with the fans at all. Besides, after Joe leaves it's almost guranteed Fran Ganter will get the job.

I don't think he is going back to UF. Right now Texas is probably the top option after the latest Oklahoma slaugherting Mack Brown will probably be fired at the end of the season. Or he could do as Pitino did and go to a smaller school and choose to coach at UCF.

SCF Rewards

Pitino was absolutely pathetic as coach and general manager of the Celtics -- he wanted power; he wanted money

and he showed what a loser he was.

Not only was he responsible for drafting and trading for players (his job as general managers), but he didn't have the tactical skills as a NBA coach.

As a Lakers fan, I was sad to see him leave the Celtics, who are mired in a 17-year slump since their last title in 1986,

Meanwhile the Lakers are closing in on the Celtics 16 titles, and going after #15 this year

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

Can anyone say Rick Pateno?

Wouldn't that be quite interesting if Spurrier took over either FSU or Tennessee?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See CaliforniaSoxfan's Items on eBay

Spurrier will end up in a smaller football program like Duke or Kentucky. I don't think that he's been given a fair evaluation as a pro coach. He's with the freakin Redskins and could do better if he had more to work with as far as talent goes. The only thing that put him in the doghouse was his mouth. If he would of kept quiet and had the same record as he does now, people would of said ok, he has no talent on the team and give it a couple of years to see what can happen.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Spurrier is THE reason Stephen Davis is not with the 'skins... that move alone is reason enough to fire his ™™™.

SCF Rewards

Doesn't he have a 5 year, 5 million dollar contract? I heard that somewhere but i'm not sure if it's true. If it is, than i highly doubt Snyder will fire him this year. Thats way too much money to give up on a guy that soon.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If Spurrier is still stinking up the joint (which he will continue to do so) and Tennessee or FSU should happen to open up... I'm sure Snyder & Spurrier would agree to rip up the remaining years of his contract.

SCF Rewards

I've got that feeling too, but you hardly ever see a guy turn down 15 million for sitting on his butt for 3 years, which Spurrier could do if Snyder acts like he usually does and goes Steinbrenner and fires everyone after a bad season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast