Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How 'bout them Nets?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See yankeepride20's Items on eBay

How 'bout them Nets?

Enjoy your ring-less careers Kenny Anderson and Derrick Coleman. Even though it was just one win in the Finals, getting a split in San Antonio is all NJ wanted. Now they get to go to the comfy confines of home for 3 games.

As a LONG-suffering NJ fan, it is so much fun to watch these guys go out and get their first-ever Finals victory. Looking back on the days of Michael Ray Richardson, Darryl (Chocolate Thunder) Dawkins, Sam Bowie, Jack Haley .... ugh ... it sure is nice to see a great mix of trades and draft picks jel into an exciting unit.

Rock the Meadowlands, exit 16W, and the hidden grave of Jimmy Hoffa - we've got a pair of championships coming to the Garden State!

SCF Rewards

Re: How 'bout them Nets?

Originally posted by YankeePride
    Enjoy your ring-less careers Kenny Anderson and Derrick Coleman. Even though it was just one win in the Finals, getting a split in San Antonio is all NJ wanted. Now they get to go to the comfy confines of home for 3 games.

As a LONG-suffering NJ fan, it is so much fun to watch these guys go out and get their first-ever Finals victory. Looking back on the days of Michael Ray Richardson, Darryl (Chocolate Thunder) Dawkins, Sam Bowie, Jack Haley .... ugh ... it sure is nice to see a great mix of trades and draft picks jel into an exciting unit.

Rock the Meadowlands, exit 16W, and the hidden grave of Jimmy Hoffa - we've got a pair of championships coming to the Garden State!

CAN I GET AN AMEN?!?!?!?!? lol

I agree. I have long been an NJ Nets fan, only to watch them suck for all these years. Finally, finally, somethign good is happening.

SCF Rewards
    See plunge's Items on eBay

It is a relief. And so was last night. A true nail-biter to the very end! Let's Go Nets!...And tonight, Let's Go Devils!

If they both win, where will they have the victory parade?

It better not be in the parking lot.

See cfa10123's Items on eBay

And it better not be in East Rutherford, NJ, way too small!

Tim

Arastis
    It was a great game

SCF Rewards

I think the Nets have a good chance than they would've had against the Lakers, whom they don't match up well at all.

That was a good move by Byron to put Mutombo in; too bad Mutombo didn't play more in Game 1.

Those missed free throws are killing the Spurs, Duncan being 2-9 last night.

No team, since NBA went to a 2-3-2 format, has won all 3 middle games...so it's looking like the Nets will have to win another one on the road.

I'll be rooting for Byron's team!

SCF Rewards
    See Rocky15231's Items on eBay

i hope they win the series

All I can say is Let's go Nets...the pride of NJ.

Tim
    Last edited by stkmtimo; 06-07-2003 at 08:57 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See yoda5's Items on eBay

Re: How 'bout them Nets?

Originally posted by YankeePride

Don't forget about Buck Williams, Otis Birdson, Mike O'koren, Mike Gminski and host of others. It has been a long time coming. I started going to Nets games when I was 11 yrs old in 1981 during the first year the Meadowlands opened. Go NETS!!!

Back when it was Brendan Byrne Arena, right John? I remember those days!

Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast