Welcome to Sports Card Forum

The Ultimate for Everything Sports and Non-Sports Cards

•  » Are you interested in Sports and Non-Sports Cards
  •  » Looking for a tool to track your collections?
  •  » Need addresses to request for Autographs?
  •  » Want to know about Shows coming to your area?

...then you have come to the right place!

Sports Card Forum can do all of this and much more!!!

Register an account for FREE right now!

Or If you are already a Member, Please log in at the Top/Right of this page!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards

Which RB is will be more profitable to collect?

My friend and I were havign a discussion over which NFL running back would be more profitable to collect this season, Clinton Portis or Jamal Lewis. I said Jamal Lewis because he is already proven and is coming off of a massive season. He said Clinton Portis because of the change of scenery and the new coach.

So please, you input would be appreciated. Please pick one (or any other RB for that matter), and give a reason why.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles

SCF Rewards
    Country

i would say protis he is younger i think

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roadvirusss's Items on eBay

Wow really a toss-up here: Lewis is only 2 years older than Portis (25 to 23), and both are incredibly explosive, prone to injury, and neither has really shone out under pressure (both faltered during playoffs last year). I would personally say Lewis, as he definitely has more team around him than Portis (now on redskins), also in more of a run-based offense. Man, I was so pissed when Portis left Denver; coolest uniform and one of the best young players; he was awesome. Essentially though, its a toss-up right now on who will perform better this year and the rest of their career, we'll just have to watch and enjoy.

SCF Rewards

Well put roadviruss. Like you said, I like Lewis better because he will have more opportunities to carry the ball, and I feel his team will perform better.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't think either one will be profitable - their cards are already pretty expensive, and I doubt that one season will make them go up that much more (unless they break the single season rushing record by a few hundred yards).

i would say portis

SCF Rewards
    Country

I say Lewis, simply because think about every RB in Denver before Portis.. Davis, Gary, Anderson.. All had similar seasons.. I'd say much credit is taken away from their line.. Now we'll see how Portis does on a new team.. For now, I'm saying Lewis though, he's a monster.. I hope this whole drug thing doesn't destroy his hobby value though.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by johnboy999
    I don't think either one will be profitable - their cards are already pretty expensive, and I doubt that one season will make them go up that much more (unless they break the single season rushing record by a few hundred yards).
    As far as that, I agree somewhat.. I think the cards will stay at the same price range, but if they top the single season rushing record, whether it's by 1 yard, or 1000 yards, I guarantee their prices will go up..

SCF Liaison

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Here's the one thing to remember...Jamal Lewis is still facing federal charges due to drugs...so depending on how that turns out will be key...

Regardless, I feel Portis would be the better of the two options to collect...

Hidden Content , Working on Hidden Content For Charity

Hidden Content - 120/140 (85.7%), Hidden Content - 107/271 (39.5%)

***LOOKING TO PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS? PM ME FOR ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES. WE HAVE RATES AS LITTLE AS LESS THAN $1 A DAY!***

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bmedinger's Items on eBay

Very tought question. At this point I would say Jamal Lewis. He's bigger and stronger and has had an almost MVP season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast