Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Fanfest autographs

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See just-for-cards's Items on eBay

Fanfest autographs

Why is it that every year they won't tell you who will be signing at Fanfest?
    It's a madhouse when all of a sudden someone comes that everyone wants. Noone has cards, pictures, bats,ect of the player to sign. We all just bring balls and have whoever it is sign it.
    I like being prepared in advance so I can get my item signed that I want. Balls are nice, but what if I have a Michael Jordon bat or Jersey at home when he drops by?
    Anyone have an answer? Cause Fanfest is right around the corner.
    Ryne Sandberg? Who knows? Frank Thomas? Walter Payton? Well, not Sweetness, but Dick Butkus?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I will talk to my hobby shop owner and see if he has any inside scoop, he just had a meeting with topps and they gave him 2 tickets for fanfest...

I'll be there, auto baseballs are fine with me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See just-for-cards's Items on eBay

Don't get me wrong, auto balls are fine but, like last year for instance, Robin Yount came in and well you can imagine.
    The people from Milwaukee would have jammed the place with their bats, programs, pictures and money if anyone would have known he'd be there.
    No Milwaukee Braves showed up! That would have been the time and place for a few of them to be there.
    There were a lot of nice names and autos to be had, but I like to be ready with what I have to be signed instead of a ball or a generic card they have on the table.
    This is a BIG card show too and no advertising?
    Beckett even ignores it for their traveling grading shop.
    Oh well, I'll be there daily and bring a 12 pack of balls (if they let me carry them in). Seems you can only bring a small pouch with you to carry all the cards you buy and the balls you bring.

I agree with you, it would be nice.