Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sg89collector's Items on eBay

cujofan2000 - Curtis Joseph super collector

Congratulations to Connie aka cujofan2000 for her super collection of Curtis Joseph!

Here are the statistics for her collection:
    Base/Inserts/Parallels/Oddball = 1326
    Autos/GU Autos = 100
    Memorabilia Cards = 349
    1/1's = 34 (23 pack pulled)
    Total Number of Different Curtis Joseph Cards = 1809

This puts her at about 86% of all Joseph cards!

Not only does she collect his cards, but she has an amazing memorabilia collection as well. This includes:

Game Used Equipment:
    -CuJo Itech Pads worn while with the Flames and the Spengler Cup (photo matched)
    -CuJo Itech Autographed Game Used glove worn while with the Flames (photo matched)
    -CuJo Flames Game Worn RBK pants (photo matched)
    -CuJo Flames Home (Red) Playoffs 2007/2008 Game Used Jersey (Meigray authenticated and photo matched)
    5 Game Used Sticks:
    -2 CuJo Flames Itech Game Used Sticks
    -1 CuJo Spengler Cup Autographed Itech Game Used Stick
    -1 CuJo Detroit Autographed Game Used Stick
    -1 CuJo Toronto Itech Autographed Game Used Stick

Other Memorabilia includes:
    - 6 mini masks
    - 8 McFarlane Figures
    - Replica Jerseys (Detroit Home, Detroit Away, Toronto Blue Autographed, Coyotes Maroon)
    - 8 Autographed Pictures (2 Oilers (both framed), 1 Blues, 3 Leafs (all framed), 1 All Star, 1 Detroit)
    - 18 bobbleheads/busts/Starting Lineups
    - Player Pucks (Toronto and Detroit)
    - 1 Autographed Leafs Puck
    - Life Sized Gatorade Cardboard Standup
    - Countless number of magazines and programs (all of which are scanned in my bucket)
    - Newspaper clippings, bubble gum tin, cheque book cover, 3 pinnacle tins, 3 stuffed animals, arena giveaways, pins, coins ect. ect.

You can check out her whole collection here: http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...%20Collection/

When asked why she started collecting CuJo, her response: "I started collecting CuJo when I was 10 as stated above. I was a fan of his in his days with St. Louis, but became a huge fan of his when he began playing with the Oilers. I am a goalie myself and I always looked up to CuJo as a goalie to model myself after. Not only is he a great goalie but he is an awsome person. The way he gives back to the community and how he treats people/fans is just awsome. In the times I have met him he has always been very receptive and willing to talk and sign an autograph. As I discussed previously I had an awsome "meeting" with CuJo in November. He had been told I was there to see him and had been told how large of a fan I am and he went out of his way to make the experience special for me. I posed for a couple of pics with me (before and after practice), talked hockey with me (actually we talked about goalie pads and other random stuff), signed my glove of his that I own and gave me his stick and signed that as well.

CuJo is a person that you can't help but repspect and look up to. I collect him because I enjoy hockey cards and hockey memorabilia, because I am a goalie myself, and because he is a person I repsect and look up to. He is my "hero".
    "

When we asked her why she believes she has a super collection, she included a great story: "I believe I am a supercollector of Curtis Joseph because I have a very diverse collection and very large collection of everything CuJo. I have collected only CuJo for the past 11 years (I am 21 and started collecting CuJo when I was about 10). I am always looking to make my collection grow and enjoy finding new things to add to my collection. I have even started collecting doubles of all CuJo cards, everything from base to GU/Auto's. In addition to the 1809 different CuJo cards that I have, I have around 1000 duplicates. I just can't get enough of CuJo and am very dedicated to my collection, and have been ever since I started collecting him. I take pride in my CuJo collection and to this date do not know of a larger, more complete and diverse CuJo collection on the the planet. I also have met CuJo a couple of times in my life. I have some pics of him and I at our various meetings over the years

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...2_edited-1.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...n/DSC00624.jpg
    http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...n/DSC00646.jpg

The last two pictures show me with CuJo just this past November. I got the opportunity to sit on the Leafs bench while they practiced at the Saddledome prior to their game with the Calgary Flames. It was arranged that I would get to meet CuJo and get to spend sometime with him during that time. He signed the game used glove of his that I have and also gave me his stick and signed that as well. We talked before practice, and after practice, it was one of the best things to ever happen to me in my life. I could go on and on about that story and will never forget about it. I guess you could say that I am a very devoted fan and collector of CuJo, I think that my collection displays how much of a fan I am. I believe for the above reasons that I am a Super Collector.
    "

Please join me in congratulating Connie for her amazing collection!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

I have looked through your collection several times and am still in awe every time. Just an Awesome collection. Congrads on the tag "Super Collector" It suits you well and keep on adding and share with us as you do.

Congratulations
    Chris

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Well done Connie, that's a breathtaking collection!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See TysonX504's Items on eBay

Wow, that's a absolutely stunning collection. Congrats on the super collector tag, that's very much deserved

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See oilfan10's Items on eBay

Amazing, that's an absolutely beautiful collection! A great set of cards and memorabilia! Congratulations! I look forward to seeing the other great cujo cards you acquire in the future!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

This is an amazing collection to say the least....this award is def. deserved and a very high standard has been set. Thank you for sharing...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bigal_pitts's Items on eBay

Awesome looking collection! Congrats!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See emersondrive13rocks's Items on eBay

Congrats on the Super Collector badge!!! It is well deserved for such a dedicated collector!

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Sweet Collection, Congrats on the award!
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

two words - absolutely amazing

congrats on tag, you deserve it!!

ive seen this collection also a few times back in Beckett days, and its incredible

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast