Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Don Cherry comments on the Malkin cheap shot

Anyone have thoughts on this. As you hear him say (European's).

DOn

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

At least when Ovie hits, he hits legally, and still throws huge checks. Another reason why Ovie is the BEST player in the NHL.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalieboy3124's Items on eBay

At least when Ovie hits, he hits legally, and still throws huge checks. Another reason why Ovie is the BEST player in the NHL.

definately agree there. that hit on simmonds was brutal. BLATANT elbow with no call. i have lost a great deal of respect for cherry for some of his comments lately but I agree here

BANNED

Country

Id hate to admit it but Cheery is...........right. Malkin should of got called for both. Im surprised cause Malkin doesnt play like that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stuntman8926's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

this is just my opinion,
    For the first Hit it was boader line.
    First Simmonds was reaching forward to poke the puck away making the Malkins elbow hit Simmonds in the head. Second Simmonds is from Scarborough, ON. If it was any other player (A European Player) Cherry most likely wouldn't show it or care. Third Malkin should of know Simmonds was in a bad position and should of played the puck instead of the hit. Now if it was the other way Simmonds hitting Malkin, I believe Cherry would say Simmonds was finish a check and not letting up.

For this one it was a close call to make.

The second one I agree with Cherry that hit was to the head a call should of been made.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

the problem with Ovie though is the he leaves his feet on some hits

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (73)
    Country
    Twitter: @@sholi2000 See sholi2000's Items on eBay

Malkin got away with two bad hits there.